Free PC Support
PC Help Forums from the Experts at Technical-Assistance.co.uk

Google

Search The Web Search This Site
 RSS FeedRSS Feed   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Acer aspire 3641 changed motherboard

Reply to topic    Free PC Support Forum Home -> Helproom
fuse

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:25 pm    Post subject: Acer aspire 3641 changed motherboard Reply with quote

Hi,

My motherboard broke down I changed it with a
MSI MB G31TM-P35 S775 M-ATX SND VGA LAN DDRII 800

My computer after installing windows again is working fine, but now the cpu fan is turning very fast (max) all the time from start up to shut down.
Before the fan only got to these speeds when putting a cd or dvd in the driver and only in the beginning when getting the info from te disk after the speed went down again.

What did I do wrong or can I change the speed maybe in bois.

Ps : I can no longer use the ports for SD cards etc. because the pins on the new main board did not correspond to the plug

Kind regards,

Bjorn
JonS

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My guess would be that either you've got the fan lead fitted incorrectly, or its fitted to the wrong header on the motherboard
The board diagram shows there are two 3-pin system fan headers, and one 4-pin header for the CPU fan. Which one do you have the fan attached to? Does it have a 3-pin or 4-pin lead?
Other possible cause is wrong settings in the BIOS: go in there and check if there are any fan settings under either "Power Management" or "H/W monitor"

As to the USB problems, yes thats a pain. There are two different standards for arranging the individual USB leads. The motherboard diagram shows the correct one. All you can do is to cut the connector block into individual pin covers and then plug them in one by one. I use a pair of very fine dissecting scissors, but a very sharp scalpel would work

the manual is available online from http://eu.msi.com/index.php?func=downloaddetail&type=manual&maincat_no=1&prod_no=1832
SoftStag

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:26 am    Post subject: Re: Acer aspire 3641 changed motherboard Reply with quote

fuse wrote:
Before the fan only got to these speeds when putting a cd or dvd in the driver and only in the beginning when getting the info from te disk after the speed went down again.

This suggests to me that the sound you are hearing is the DVD drive spinning up/down, not the CPU fan.

Could it be that the CPU fan has become noisy following the motherboard change? Maybe the fan just needs replacing...
"Microsoft programs are generally bug-free. If you visit the Microsoft hotline, you'll literally have to wait weeks if not months until someone calls in with a bug in one of our programs. 99.99% of calls turn out to be user mistakes. I know not a single less irrelevant reason for an update than bugfixes. The reasons for updates are to present more new features."
-- Bill Gates, on code stability, from Focus Magazine
JonS

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats a good point SoftStag

and welcome back!
fuse

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi,

I checked some things and :

CPU fan is a 4-pin header
other fan is a 3-pin header I changed this one from Fan2 to Fan1 on the mainboard.

With the mainboard came a cd including a programme Dual core center
I've installed it but now when my computer starts-up he goes right to max speed. I need to adjust the speed every time in the programme.
If I put it on max the temp. goes to about 28C on silent mode to about max 35C not much difference.

In bios under H/W monitor there are the following :

- Chassis intrusion Enable/disable
- CPU smart Fan target 40C - 45 - 50 -55 etc
- CPU min. Fan speed 12.5 - 25 -37.5 - 50 % etc

At the moment chassis and Fan target are disable and Dual core center is providing the fan speed.

How can I make the fan speed regulated according the CPU temperatuur.

For example: low temp. fan off, the higher the temp. the faster the fan will turn

PS : It's not the cd driver starting up

Thx

Bjorn
JonS

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"At the moment chassis and Fan target are disable"

so enable that and then set the temperature at which the fan starts
Reply to topic    Free PC Support Forum Home -> Helproom All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: