Free PC Support
PC Help Forums from the Experts at Technical-Assistance.co.uk

Google

Search The Web Search This Site
 RSS FeedRSS Feed   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Adobe Elemements 6 is screwing up my print out

Reply to topic    Free PC Support Forum Home -> Helproom
alanthos

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:46 pm    Post subject: Adobe Elemements 6 is screwing up my print out Reply with quote

Tis problem has only recently started but Adobe have been of no help.

Whe I try to print a photograph, say 9"X6" I first get a message saying that" some postscript - specific settings (interpolation, calibration,encoding) will be ignored since you are printing to a non postscript printer". This may be harmless, I don't know. But when I then try to print, say an old image in landscape I get the choice of using Borderless A4. At the next step this choice disappears without trace and if I continue to print, I get "letter" size which means that the image is reduced in length to ~7" and the width goes up to 7". The RH margin als changes to suit the "letter" size.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled Elements 6 but the problem remains.

I have also checked the printer drivers.

I am fed up having to cvhase Adobe and discuss the problem for ages without resolving anything.

Any thoughts or solutions would be gratefully received.

alanthos
SoftStag

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What printer do you use? I would recommend uninstalling the printer, downloading the latest drivers for it, and installing these.
"Microsoft programs are generally bug-free. If you visit the Microsoft hotline, you'll literally have to wait weeks if not months until someone calls in with a bug in one of our programs. 99.99% of calls turn out to be user mistakes. I know not a single less irrelevant reason for an update than bugfixes. The reasons for updates are to present more new features."
-- Bill Gates, on code stability, from Focus Magazine
alanthos

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:53 am    Post subject: Elements 6 Reply with quote

Have tried uninstalling my printer (HP C6180) and have checked for updates and reinstalled the device, but it made no difference - I still have the problem.
HP have again claimed that the cause is a software problem from Elements 6 i.e an Adobe problem.
I am awaiting further developments from Adobe.
Reply to topic    Free PC Support Forum Home -> Helproom All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: