Free PC Support
PC Help Forums from the Experts at Technical-Assistance.co.uk

Google

Search The Web Search This Site
 RSS FeedRSS Feed   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Black screen at startup, Can't go into safe mode because SSD

Reply to topic    Free PC Support Forum Home -> Helproom
Eligijus

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:28 pm    Post subject: Black screen at startup, Can't go into safe mode because SSD Reply with quote

Hello,

laptop model "ASUS ROG G551JW"

I'm having a serious problem. I decided to replace my windows 10 back to windows 8.1. When i installed it it was working. Then i installed nvidia graphics driver, chipset drivers(required to restart computer, i did not), audio drivers(required to restart computer, i did not), ATK drivers(required to restart computer, i did not), then "nvidia experience" suggested me to download new version of grapichs driver so i started downloading it. Furthermore, i went to install directx11 setup did not start and computer got "lagged". I "end tasked" the directx11 setup and decided to restart windows. But it did not restart, I was waiting like 20mins and it still it was showing: "Restarting...". Then i forcibly shut down the computer by holding power button for few seconds. Now when it loads up I can only see a black screen and my mouse cursor(can also move it).

Any solution to this? I think i would be able to fix it if i could enter safe mode, but shift+f8 and f8 doesn't work for me because my laptop has SSD. And i can't open it through windows because it doesn't load.

Yours sincerely,
Eligijus
Reply to topic    Free PC Support Forum Home -> Helproom All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: