Free PC Support
PC Help Forums from the Experts at Technical-Assistance.co.uk

Google

Search The Web Search This Site
 RSS FeedRSS Feed   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Can you help me with Download and unwelcome browser problems

Reply to topic    Free PC Support Forum Home -> Helproom
jwosh

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 1:41 pm    Post subject: Can you help me with Download and unwelcome browser problems Reply with quote

HI, and Seasons Greetings

I might have known I would cock-up on Christmas Day Sad

Let me explain what has happened. The other day I had downloaded GOM flv player, so I can watch downloaded videos on. But I kept getting that I need to check for CODECS. So I tried to donwload what was needed but its not resolved--I still have no audio, but I ALSO have two(?) browsers I VERY mushc dont want, and I suspect I have them by default because I am not technical at all, and I have not unticked boxes in a downlad. For instancce, when I first click on my Desktop Firefox icon I then get AskWhy--which I do not want, and then seem to have a browser titled 'babylon' which I also dont want. So I am wondering how to un do their installation----will I have to unistall the GOM flv player download, which I suspect is a cause, or is there another way?
JonS

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you've been hacked
the GOM player often comes bundled with junk software and as often as not maklware
The "codec" you were requested to download was probably a trojan. Stick to Adobe Flash or VLC player if you want to view FLV files
What can you do now? Assume the machine is virused and clean it accordingly

If as you say, you are not "technical" I suggest you pay someone to do it
johhny-marshal

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:47 am    Post subject: Malwares.... Reply with quote

Some Malwares might have entered into your computer when you downloaded your GOM flv player. What you can do is run a full system scan with an effective antivirus and MalwareBytes. This could resolve your problem.
Reply to topic    Free PC Support Forum Home -> Helproom All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: