Free PC Support
PC Help Forums from the Experts at Technical-Assistance.co.uk

Google

Search The Web Search This Site
 RSS FeedRSS Feed   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

cant save files?

Reply to topic    Free PC Support Forum Home -> Helproom
doorby35

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:16 am    Post subject: cant save files? Reply with quote

when ever i try to download files i cant find them afterwards,i do all the procedures ive always done for example,(1)it asks would u like to run or save i click save(2)where would you like to save i click downloads(3)then when i try to find them there not there this happens with every file.i want to download real player but i just cant find it i wonder if something is switched off....please help?
SoftStag

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Doorb35

What browser are you using? (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, etc.) and also what operating system are you using? (Windows Vista, Windows XP, etc.)
"Microsoft programs are generally bug-free. If you visit the Microsoft hotline, you'll literally have to wait weeks if not months until someone calls in with a bug in one of our programs. 99.99% of calls turn out to be user mistakes. I know not a single less irrelevant reason for an update than bugfixes. The reasons for updates are to present more new features."
-- Bill Gates, on code stability, from Focus Magazine
surreypcsupport.com

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before you download a file note down the file name. Once the download is complete search all local drives for that file name. It's probably in my documents or downloads or something. You'll probably find all the other files you downloaded in the same location.
doorby35

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im using explorer 7 and my operating system is vistas home premium 32 bit, ive just tried to download realplayer again made note of file and its location documents i chose and it was not there,it seemned to download really fast alot quicker than usual as though it wasnt going through have i maybe put a block on somehow which wont let me download.
SoftStag

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you download a file with IE7 you should get the option to select where to save it. Use the Browse feature to select Desktop and the file should download to your desktop. It may have done it quickly last time as you already had downloaded it and it was in the cache.

Aside from this, I would recommend upgrading to IE8 as this has better features and security: Download IE8
"Microsoft programs are generally bug-free. If you visit the Microsoft hotline, you'll literally have to wait weeks if not months until someone calls in with a bug in one of our programs. 99.99% of calls turn out to be user mistakes. I know not a single less irrelevant reason for an update than bugfixes. The reasons for updates are to present more new features."
-- Bill Gates, on code stability, from Focus Magazine
Reply to topic    Free PC Support Forum Home -> Helproom All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: