Free PC Support
PC Help Forums from the Experts at Technical-Assistance.co.uk

Google

Search The Web Search This Site
 RSS FeedRSS Feed   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Computer restarts while loading game

Reply to topic    Free PC Support Forum Home -> Helproom
DamosIsBack

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 9:54 am    Post subject: Computer restarts while loading game Reply with quote

Hello.I am experiencing a major problem.I have installed Rome Total War in my computer but every time I'm trying to load it my computer shows a blue screen with stop message 0x50 or fault_in_nonpaged_area . The message appears only when I'm trying to load that game.It is the only game installed in my comptuter at the momment.It doesn't happen with any other program.
Could anybody please help me resolve this?

More information about the problem:
BCCode : 10000050 BCP1 : E3F10000 BCP2 : 00000000 BCP3 : 8053B912 BCP4 : 00000001 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 3_0 Product : 256_1

C:\DOCUME~1\Damianos\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER2c1f.dir00\Mini032610-03.dmp
C:\DOCUME~1\Damianos\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER2c1f.dir00\sysdata.xml

Source: Service Control Manager
Event: 7001

My system's information:

Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.100216-1514)
System Model: P5K SE
BIOS: BIOS Date: 07/19/07 11:46:27 Ver: 08.00.12
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs)
Memory: 3072MB RAM
Page File: 473MB used, 4483MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 10.0 (4.10.0000.18000)
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.5512 32bit Unicode

Any ideas would be much appreciated!
SoftStag

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This may be to do with your display adapter (graphics card). You don't mention what you have, but I would suggest installing the latest drivers for it and trying the game then.
"Microsoft programs are generally bug-free. If you visit the Microsoft hotline, you'll literally have to wait weeks if not months until someone calls in with a bug in one of our programs. 99.99% of calls turn out to be user mistakes. I know not a single less irrelevant reason for an update than bugfixes. The reasons for updates are to present more new features."
-- Bill Gates, on code stability, from Focus Magazine
DamosIsBack

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My graphics card is 8600GT 512mb PCI-E .I unistalled the Nvidia drivers and the game loaded.Then I downloaded GeForce 8 series for windows XP 197.45_desktop_winxp_32bit_international_whql and installed it but I got the same problem again. Stop 0x50 in blue screen.
demdike

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a good place to start would be to make sure your computer is updated to the latest level of Directx for your version of windows
Then go to this page and and download the various patches for the game listed there

Last edited by demdike on Mon May 24, 2010 6:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
DamosIsBack

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I have installed directX10 in windows xp which is a directx9 OS and when I'm loading the game it says that directx9 is not installed in the computer.
I have already unistalled directx10 using the "add/remove programs" but when I'm trying to install directx9 it says that a better version is already installed in the computer.
Do you have any ideas?I would need some help please
demdike

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DamosIsBack wrote:
Well I have installed directX10 in windows xp which is a directx9 OS and when I'm loading the game it says that directx9 is not installed in the computer.
I have already unistalled directx10 using the "add/remove programs" but when I'm trying to install directx9 it says that a better version is already installed in the computer.
Do you have any ideas?I would need some help please

Microsoft never ported DX10 to Windows XP. So if you've installed it, then its a hacked/cracked/bastardized version which could have caused all kinds of damage to the system. You may have uninstalled it, but theres no guarantee the damage has been reversed

My advice is to cut your losses now and to reformat and reinstall the machine - this time sticking to "real" software, not unofficial hacks
Reply to topic    Free PC Support Forum Home -> Helproom All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: