Free PC Support
PC Help Forums from the Experts at Technical-Assistance.co.uk

Google

Search The Web Search This Site
 RSS FeedRSS Feed   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cyberlink Power Director not showing pictures when I click p
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Free PC Support Forum Home -> Helproom
AuraTodd

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:50 am    Post subject: Cyberlink Power Director not showing pictures when I click p Reply with quote

I have Cyberlink Power Director eight and when I click play, I can hear the sounds but not see the picture. How do I correct this please? Also it runs slow.

Also I notice in the bottom right hand corner, three white boxes called Haali Media splitter have appeared, what are they please?
JonS

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds like someone has been installing codec packs or other media players
Whats been done to the machine in terms of installing new software? Thats the only likely thing that would cause this
AuraTodd

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JonS wrote:
sounds like someone has been installing codec packs or other media players
Whats been done to the machine in terms of installing new software? Thats the only likely thing that would cause this

Hi I had a look at Kodec Lite Kodec Pack and see there's a green tick where it has Cyberlink Titled. Should I untick it?

Also my cousin says I should get rid of K-Lite and install ffdshow. Is this a good idea?
JonS

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, you're into the strange world where codecs can cause all sort of clashes with each other. My guess - and its only a guess - is that teh K-Lite pack has installed an older version of the Cyberlink DVD/MPEG-2 codec.
You can try uninstalling the Codec pack, but I don't think it will work: you'll probably have to uninstall it and thn do a system restore back to before it went wrong.

As a rule the K-Lite pack is one of the less problematic ones, though it can clash with other codecs - as is probably the case here. Unless you're into video and sound editing , you probably don't need it. As for ffdshow, the K-Lite pack includes that, but you can install in separately. Its the best general pupose video playback codec for XviD/Divx and similar video strams
AuraTodd

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JonS wrote:
OK, you're into the strange world where codecs can cause all sort of clashes with each other. My guess - and its only a guess - is that teh K-Lite pack has installed an older version of the Cyberlink DVD/MPEG-2 codec.
You can try uninstalling the Codec pack, but I don't think it will work: you'll probably have to uninstall it and thn do a system restore back to before it went wrong.

As a rule the K-Lite pack is one of the less problematic ones, though it can clash with other codecs - as is probably the case here. Unless you're into video and sound editing , you probably don't need it. As for ffdshow, the K-Lite pack includes that, but you can install in separately. Its the best general pupose video playback codec for XviD/Divx and similar video strams

Should I click on the green tick on K-Lite? Otherwise how would Ido a system restore after getting rid of K-Lite and installing it again?
JonS

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, I'm not sure what you're looking at as I've never seen a "green tick" anywhere within the K-Lite software. Only ticks you get are during the setup process. Unless you've got something pretending to be the k-Lite pack.

How you do a system restore depends on the version of windows you have.
But for now, just go into add/remove programs and uninstall the complete codec pack but don't reinstall it - you don't need it. See if the CYberlink software works then

Do you have ANY other CD/DVD software installed e.g. Roxio/Nero/DLA or any CD/DVD ripping software?
AuraTodd

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JonS wrote:
well, I'm not sure what you're looking at as I've never seen a "green tick" anywhere within the K-Lite software. Only ticks you get are during the setup process. Unless you've got something pretending to be the k-Lite pack.

How you do a system restore depends on the version of windows you have.
But for now, just go into add/remove programs and uninstall the complete codec pack but don't reinstall it - you don't need it. See if the CYberlink software works then

Do you have ANY other CD/DVD software installed e.g. Roxio/Nero/DLA or any CD/DVD ripping software?

Hi I have windows XP Home and Nero Essentials four (I know, its as old as the hills) but I hope to get Nero 10.

So If I uninstalled the complete codec pack (K-Lite) Cyberlink might work? Would I also have to do a system restore?

I am not very technically minded so this is very strange to me. Also thinking back I went to the updates section on cyberlink and downloaded this:

Updates: This update file updates PowerDirector 8 to PowerDirector 8 build 3022. For PowerDirector retail and online purchase versions only.

Do you think that may have something to do with it? Many thanks. Confused
JonS

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

now it begins to get confusing
For a start I'm not convinced that Nero4 is compatible with XP
Next, even if it is, the DVD decoder built into it is a trial which eventually expires - and when it does it can stop DVD playback -- and you often get those little white square in the corner.
Besides which, theres a general fact that trying to mix any two of Nrro/Roxio/Cybelink on the same machine is usually a recipe for disaster due to the different was in which each handle the drives. Add a codec pack as well and you're asking for problems
I think you're going to have to remove all the Nero software - but first, do you have any other Cyberlink software installed?
AuraTodd

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JonS wrote:
now it begins to get confusing
For a start I'm not convinced that Nero4 is compatible with XP
Next, even if it is, the DVD decoder built into it is a trial which eventually expires - and when it does it can stop DVD playback -- and you often get those little white square in the corner.
Besides which, theres a general fact that trying to mix any two of Nrro/Roxio/Cybelink on the same machine is usually a recipe for disaster due to the different was in which each handle the drives. Add a codec pack as well and you're asking for problems
I think you're going to have to remove all the Nero software - but first, do you have any other Cyberlink software installed?

Only Cyberlink Power Director and Cyberlink DVD Suit. Shall I get rid of the Nero and the K-Lite Codec Pack altogether?

I apologise for all these questions

I just want it sorted so I can edit video's and put them onto a blank DVD.

Smile
JonS

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UNinstall ALL the programs:
K-Lite codec pack, Nero, Cyberlink (both the suite and Power Director)

Once they are all off, shut down and restart the machine, and then reinstall the Cyberlink software

Let us know what happens
AuraTodd

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JonS wrote:
UNinstall ALL the programs:
K-Lite codec pack, Nero, Cyberlink (both the suite and Power Director)

Once they are all off, shut down and restart the machine, and then reinstall the Cyberlink software

Let us know what happens

How do I save the files that haven't been converted yet?
JonS

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

where are they in the computer's filing system?
Reply to topic    Free PC Support Forum Home -> Helproom All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: