Free PC Support
PC Help Forums from the Experts at Technical-Assistance.co.uk

Google

Search The Web Search This Site
 RSS FeedRSS Feed   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Deleting

Reply to topic    Free PC Support Forum Home -> Helproom
greenveg

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:59 am    Post subject: Deleting Reply with quote

Hi,
When I access a site I have been to previously, sometimes drop down menus with former words appear. I could highlight these words and delete them. This is now not happening. I have tried pressing the Delete button, and the Backspace button. If I am typing a text however, these two buttons work ok.
Regards.
JonS

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I presume you mean in the website address bar?

it sounds like something or someone has deleted your browsing history. Have you run a clean up program of some kind?
greenveg

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:50 am    Post subject: Deleting Reply with quote

If for example, I access Tesco.com/groceries. I go to the search box, and type the first letter, which say is c. A drop down menu appears with all the searches I have done previously beginning with the letter c. I could highlight these words, one at a time, and they would then appear in the search box. I could also highlight these words, one at a time, and delete them. Now when I do this and press delete, the words remain. I am using Google Chrome. I also have Internet Explorer 8 on my PC, and I have noticed that I can delete these saved words if I use IE8.
JonS

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds to me like normal behaviour for both

Chrome and IE act in different ways
Reply to topic    Free PC Support Forum Home -> Helproom All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: