Free PC Support
PC Help Forums from the Experts at Technical-Assistance.co.uk

Google

Search The Web Search This Site
 RSS FeedRSS Feed   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DVD Region issues

Reply to topic    Free PC Support Forum Home -> Helproom
Graham Billion

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:00 am    Post subject: DVD Region issues Reply with quote

Hi, I live in the UK and bought a DVD from Amazon UK recently. I played it once (over two sessions) on my laptop; then lent it to a friend of mine. He reported back to me that he couldn't play the DVD on his own laptop, due to 'region' issues. So upon receiving back the DVD, I tried playing it on
my laptop again. The result was that I received a dialogue box on the screen that stated: "This DVD has been fixed to Region 2. Only those discs that support this system can be placed". And that was pretty much it. If anyone can explain what has happened and whether anything can be done to rectify the problem, I'd be very appreciative.

Gray
SoftStag

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disks and drives are normally set to a specific region (2 for UK and Eurpoe). If the disk and drive don't match up, then the disk will not play. Given that this disk did play and doesn't now, either suggests that this is not the same disk, or it has become damaged. If it is the later, it may be worth returning.
"Microsoft programs are generally bug-free. If you visit the Microsoft hotline, you'll literally have to wait weeks if not months until someone calls in with a bug in one of our programs. 99.99% of calls turn out to be user mistakes. I know not a single less irrelevant reason for an update than bugfixes. The reasons for updates are to present more new features."
-- Bill Gates, on code stability, from Focus Magazine
Reply to topic    Free PC Support Forum Home -> Helproom All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: