Free PC Support
PC Help Forums from the Experts at Technical-Assistance.co.uk

Google

Search The Web Search This Site
 RSS FeedRSS Feed   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

error message 0x8004210e
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Free PC Support Forum Home -> Helproom
sarahhardman

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:48 pm    Post subject: error message 0x8004210e Reply with quote

can somebody please please help with the problem with outlook, when logging into outlook, my emails are not automatically downloaded, i get to 50% download status, and then i am asked for my network password, when this is entered, the downoad status gets to 66% then i get the error message - 0x8004210e. your mailbox is temporaily unavailable because another email message is being delivered ti it or another mail application is accessing it. The server responded ERR (in use) unable to lock mail drop.
i used to be able to get my emails manually, by clicking the send/recieve until they finally came through, but i am now unable to do this.
i tried using my outlook express, but it just asks me for my network password, time after time.
PLEASE PLEASE HELP. i am getting so frustrated with this problem.
i am not too hot with computers so can any help be in laymans terms please.
SoftStag

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This can be caused by Anti-Virus software holding on to your email connection. Do you have any AV software installed, if so what? Also, what version of Outlook are you using?
"Microsoft programs are generally bug-free. If you visit the Microsoft hotline, you'll literally have to wait weeks if not months until someone calls in with a bug in one of our programs. 99.99% of calls turn out to be user mistakes. I know not a single less irrelevant reason for an update than bugfixes. The reasons for updates are to present more new features."
-- Bill Gates, on code stability, from Focus Magazine
sarahhardman

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:02 pm    Post subject: error message 0x8004210e Reply with quote

i am using microsoft outlook 2003. i am running norton 360 and windows firewall.
SoftStag

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try disabling Norton, then opening Outlook and sending/receiving emails. Does this stop the problem occurring?

Don't forget the enable Norton after testing!
"Microsoft programs are generally bug-free. If you visit the Microsoft hotline, you'll literally have to wait weeks if not months until someone calls in with a bug in one of our programs. 99.99% of calls turn out to be user mistakes. I know not a single less irrelevant reason for an update than bugfixes. The reasons for updates are to present more new features."
sarahhardman

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:17 pm    Post subject: error message 0x8004210e Reply with quote

You may find me extremely dim, but i am having trouble disabling some parts of the Norton 360. HELP!
Having disabled what i could, this has made no difference.
SoftStag

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You only need to disable the email scanning part of Norton 360. If you have done this and it makes no difference, then that is not the problem. I'm not familiar with Norton 360, so don't know how to disable this off the top of my head.

If the problem still persists, then it could be a malformed email that is on the server. Log in to your webmail and delete large emails, and spam emails. Obviously, any mails you delete will be gone forever, so read them first Smile

If this fails to work, then you may need to speak to your email host and tell them the error that you are getting. They may be able to change the settings on the server to resolve this.
sarahhardman

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:46 pm    Post subject: error message 0x8004210e Reply with quote

I disabled the emails scanning section of Norton 360, but with no luck. the very first thing i tried was empyting my mail boxes, which i did completely, again with no luck.
I have tried to contact my email provider, but they can only assist me with Outlook Express not Outlook.
I am open to any suggestions that can fix this, i haven't been able to access my email for well over a week, and it is sooooo frustrating.
can anyone help?
SoftStag

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:06 pm    Post subject: Error 0x8004210e Reply with quote

Do you have another device (maybe a Blackberry) or another computer that is accessing the email server at the same time. The error suggests that there could already be a connection open. If this is the case then stopping that device should stop the problem.

Try setting Outlook Express up to receive the mails, see if this causes the same problem. If so, then it suggests that there may be a problem on the server side that your ISP will need to resolve.

Edit: More details here on Error 0x8004210e.

Last edited by SoftStag on Sat Nov 29, 2008 4:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
sarahhardman

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:28 pm    Post subject: error message 0x8004210e Reply with quote

I have no other devices accessing my mail, using outlook express was my previous mail option.
How do i go about changing back to outlook express?
SoftStag

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you previously had Outlook Express configured, it should just be a case of opening it from the Start Menu.

To set Outlook Express as your default mail client, then do the following:
Arrow Open Internet Explorer
Arrow Go to Tools, then Internet Options
Arrow Click on the Programs tab at the top
Arrow Where it says Email set this to Outlook Express
bipsa

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:58 am    Post subject: Resolve Outlook error 0x8004210E Reply with quote

Error 0x8004210e in outlook 2003 takes place when the emails present in your inbox has one or more malformed emails. Opening them is not safe and probably your antivirus program security setting is not allowing it to be downloaded. Once you disable the antivirus and try downloading email, it is likely to happen. However, it may be resulting from the use of two email client, so itís better to disable the other one.

But, if the problem cannot be fixed this way their might be some error in the PST file, any sort of corruption or damage of its essential components and other help files such that processing emails, either sending or receiving is not doable. It needs effective repairment and for that you can try outlook PST repair, a very powerful tool based on sophisticated algorithm to scan and fix PST error and repair and restore PST files efficiently.
kristain

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:07 am    Post subject: RE : error message 0x8004210e Reply with quote

In order to resolve the above error, you should ensure that no other devices are trying to connect to your mail account. Note that some people download email from one account to their Gmail, or other, email accounts via POP3. If you have configured an account to do this, then you should disable it to check if that is interfering with your connection.
If this does not sort out the problem, then try to disable your anti-virus and anti-spam software, or at least disabling the email scanning function. This software can interfere with the connection and cause a delay which in turn causes the error as the connection is still open. In particular, this software can cause this problem when a malformed mail is downloaded. Note that this option should be done to diagnose the problem; it is not recommended to permanently disable anti-virus software. It is recommended to use an email server that has built in anti-virus checking to prevent malformed messages from reaching you.
Reply to topic    Free PC Support Forum Home -> Helproom All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: