Free PC Support
PC Help Forums from the Experts at Technical-Assistance.co.uk

Google

Search The Web Search This Site
 RSS FeedRSS Feed   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Error message cannot locate INF File

Reply to topic    Free PC Support Forum Home -> Helproom
ashgir

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:04 pm    Post subject: Error message cannot locate INF File Reply with quote

I purchased A USB CARD READER/WRITER called Zaapa.
I was referred to download and install nusb V3.2 Win98FE. I first downloaded and installed Win98FE service pack 2.
I read comments by a forum member about the generic nusb V3.2 win98FE driver. I foloowed his information closely. But to no avail.

Could you please indicate if I should have installed the nusb V3.2 driver to C:\ or C:\SYSTEM or C:\Windows\SYSTEM32.
During installation of the driver to C:\ directory
I get an error "cannot [/b]locate INF File"\_nusb.inf".
Anyway when I check the device manager I see under USBtorController, USB Mass Storage Device. The USB card reader/writer lights but no icon of the device on MY Computer.

Can anyone please advise where did I go wrong ?
Thanks.
Ashgir
SoftStag

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should download the file to your Desktop then double click on it. The program will run and install the drivers to the appropriate locations.
"Microsoft programs are generally bug-free. If you visit the Microsoft hotline, you'll literally have to wait weeks if not months until someone calls in with a bug in one of our programs. 99.99% of calls turn out to be user mistakes. I know not a single less irrelevant reason for an update than bugfixes. The reasons for updates are to present more new features."
-- Bill Gates, on code stability, from Focus Magazine
ashgir

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:02 pm    Post subject: You name it I have done it Reply with quote

That's precisely what I did SoftStage.
I downloaded the USB V3.2 driver to desktop and clicked to install.
The driver shows automatically C:\ directory to install. Is this correct ?
I have a feeling that it should have been installed to C:\Program Files as all other USB Stick or Pen drivers are installed.
Thanks.
SoftStag

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It shouldn't matter what folder it is installed to, just leave it as the default.

Where does this error appear? And are you running Windows 98FE, or 98SE?
"Microsoft programs are generally bug-free. If you visit the Microsoft hotline, you'll literally have to wait weeks if not months until someone calls in with a bug in one of our programs. 99.99% of calls turn out to be user mistakes. I know not a single less irrelevant reason for an update than bugfixes. The reasons for updates are to present more new features."
ashgir

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:15 pm    Post subject: Using Wind98FE Reply with quote

OK. I'll let it be downloaded to the default directory.
The error appears when a window in black appears like when the computer is settingup a utlity or software into its DOS system.
The OS I am using is Win98FE 14.10.1998. But since I installed Win98 SP2 I noticed that the device manager shows under properties of MY Computer icon. Windows 98 14.10.2222. On my desktop I notice Windows 98H4.10.2222.
I should also mention that when I install any utility or software I normally disable the Antivirus and any opened programs Like messenger, scotty the Antispam.
Your help is much appreciated.
Thanks.
SoftStag

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are still getting the error, then I suggest you try downloading the drivers file again, and install from that. It could be it corrupted during download the first time.
Reply to topic    Free PC Support Forum Home -> Helproom All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: