Free PC Support
PC Help Forums from the Experts at Technical-Assistance.co.uk

Google

Search The Web Search This Site
 RSS FeedRSS Feed   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Factory Settings

Reply to topic    Free PC Support Forum Home -> Helproom
Hoggie

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:23 pm    Post subject: Factory Settings Reply with quote

Hi folks, I hope someone can help.

Here goes, I downloaded Windows 7 but I didnít like it so I opted to go back to my factory setting (XP home which has been factory installed). The problem is that when I put my recovery disk in my computer it just hung looking for to boot of a disk and didnít go back to my factory settings. I have ghost so I put that in(floppy and CD ) and it loaded up windows 98. I tried my recovery disk to see if I could get back to factory settings but had the same problems as above. A friend of a friend gave me a loan of a XP pro disk, so I loaded it up and everything was ok until I went to windows update. The XP Pro key is a counterfeit. Can someone tell me how I can find my original XP home so I can use it.

Hoggie
SoftStag

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't say what computer you have, so I imagine the recovery disk you refer to accesses a partition on the hard drive the restore the original PC software. If your computer came preloaded with Windows XP you should have a sticker on it that has the product key for your licence of Windows XP.
"Microsoft programs are generally bug-free. If you visit the Microsoft hotline, you'll literally have to wait weeks if not months until someone calls in with a bug in one of our programs. 99.99% of calls turn out to be user mistakes. I know not a single less irrelevant reason for an update than bugfixes. The reasons for updates are to present more new features."
-- Bill Gates, on code stability, from Focus Magazine
Reply to topic    Free PC Support Forum Home -> Helproom All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: