Free PC Support
PC Help Forums from the Experts at Technical-Assistance.co.uk

Google

Search The Web Search This Site
 RSS FeedRSS Feed   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

flash player problems

Reply to topic    Free PC Support Forum Home -> Helproom
gullible1

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:09 am    Post subject: flash player problems Reply with quote

for over a year I used firefox and Google chrome with no problems whatsoever.Since March the flash player does nothing but crash for a pastime.I use the 2 browsers to play games online.Kingdoms of Camelot which I run 24/7 on firefox and other facebook games which I play on Chrome.I am running windows 7 home premium 64-bit.
Because of all the problems i have been having I have tried to remove the flash and re-install.Chrome comes with flash built in.I tried using just that flash player-didn't work,but whenever I play any of the games on chrome and the flash player crashes-it crashes the other browser as well.Why?
I have now removed Chrome and was trying to use IE9 instead but that won't even run Farmville!!and I have the same problem with the flash player.I have also changed from Firefox to Aurora-which is firefox really with a different name. Someone told me the new version of the flash player was the problem.I have attempted to download an older versin but the installer refuses to install it saying it is not the most up to date version.-hello I KNOW THAT but would like the choice lol!!
I also noticed that although I have a 64 bit operating system and downloaded the flash player recommended for 64 bit, it still says flash 32 bit on the computer. and I appear to have 5 different versions of 32_11_3_300_265.Since I currently don't have chrome installed and am only using aurora and IE to read emails surely there should 0nly be 1.but which one?I have one which is just
ocx.
one is XPT
one is XPT plug-in.then there is
Util32- - - - - -activeX.dll
Util32 _ - - - - - -ActiveX and
Util32_ - - - - - - - -Plug-in!!

This is obviously not right -I haven't a clue where they all came from but which should I actually be using?
Sad
JonS

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) the built in flash plugin in Chrome is unstable. Nothing you can do about that except don't use chrome

2) the latest version of Firefox brought all kinds of compatibility issues with flash. You need to update to the latest version

3) you need to remove all existing versions

so

a) go to http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/uninstall-flash-player-windows.html
download and run the flash removal tool
b) run windows update and ensure IE is up to date
c) make sure you have the latest Firefox version installed
d) in IE go to www.adobe.com and install the flash plugin. This will automatically determine you are using IE and install the DirectX version of the plugin. Don't worry about 32- vs 64-bit. Its all one plugin
e) in Firefox go to www.adobe.com and install the flash plugin AGAIN. This time the non-DirectX version will automatically install
f) go to www.java.com in IE and install the latest Java virtual machine
g) reboot and try both IE and Firefox. See what happens. If IE asks for permission to run plugins, then approve it
Reply to topic    Free PC Support Forum Home -> Helproom All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: