Free PC Support
PC Help Forums from the Experts at Technical-Assistance.co.uk

Google

Search The Web Search This Site
 RSS FeedRSS Feed   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Full Backup

Reply to topic    Free PC Support Forum Home -> Tutorials
Cat-tranz

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:49 am    Post subject: Full Backup Reply with quote

How many times have i seen major problems that have developed on Computers that could have been rectified so easy by a installation of full C: drive backup. Backing up has been with us for some time (important files / folders etc) but not so many full backups of the complete Operating System, admittedly the two main software players in this field Paragon and Acronis produce retail software and i do use one of these (and it has saved the day more then once) when i would have been faced with reinstalling the OS and then installing all the applications !. how many of us have applications that cant be replaced ?, i have and one example is the site Giveaway of the Day - applications you would have to pay for offered free just for one day - but the application has to be installed on that day. There is also infections to think about, most Viruses can be dealt with and some do damage the Operating System and other installed software. Then there is the human factor (we love to fiddle !) and try out new software one prime example is Registry Fix / Booster applications use correctly most work up to a point (eg) Trend micro Highjack This in inexperienced hands can completely wreck a Operating System, then its back to reinstalling the Operating System again, but if you have a full backup of that system its only a few minuets work to have your Computer back to full health and running again. Good backup software will have the option to make a rescue disk / bootable flash drive this works out side the OS and allows you to reinstall the backup archive, All my Computers have full backup applications installed and a new backup is made each week, i would rather pay a few / $ for some software then have all the hassle and loss of wasting a day reinstalling everything. So do consider backing up your system, it can save you so much. Wink
Reply to topic    Free PC Support Forum Home -> Tutorials All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: