Free PC Support
PC Help Forums from the Experts at Technical-Assistance.co.uk

Google

Search The Web Search This Site
 RSS FeedRSS Feed   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Generic USB Mass Storage Driver

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Free PC Support Forum Home -> Helproom
zhone

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:43 pm    Post subject: Generic USB Mass Storage Driver Reply with quote

I used the driver I found on this site for a Windows 98-based machine. This installation went fine, but I am having some partition problems. We use clone malc, which a program written by a buddy of mine to set up the flash card for a certain board during testing. The certain board on this test station requires a multiple partition of 7MB by 7MB by 226MB. It seems that it can only write 7MB by 6MB by 227MB. Has anyone heard of a partition problem with this driver at all? All of our test stations with XP work fine.
SoftStag

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think it's a problem with the driver. More likely a limitation of how Windows 98 handles partitions. What happens if you partition the drive on XP and view it in 98?
"Microsoft programs are generally bug-free. If you visit the Microsoft hotline, you'll literally have to wait weeks if not months until someone calls in with a bug in one of our programs. 99.99% of calls turn out to be user mistakes. I know not a single less irrelevant reason for an update than bugfixes. The reasons for updates are to present more new features."
-- Bill Gates, on code stability, from Focus Magazine
zhone

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya, I did some playing around and it is indeed windows 98. I am just going to build a dedicated station with Windows 2k and leave the other two stations alone. All the testing software and configs. would take two long. Thanks for the help SoftStag!!
SoftStag

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem Smile

{Topic Locked}
"Microsoft programs are generally bug-free. If you visit the Microsoft hotline, you'll literally have to wait weeks if not months until someone calls in with a bug in one of our programs. 99.99% of calls turn out to be user mistakes. I know not a single less irrelevant reason for an update than bugfixes. The reasons for updates are to present more new features."
-- Bill Gates, on code stability, from Focus Magazine
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Free PC Support Forum Home -> Helproom All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: