Free PC Support
PC Help Forums from the Experts at Technical-Assistance.co.uk

Google

Search The Web Search This Site
 RSS FeedRSS Feed   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

graphics drivers and audio

Reply to topic    Free PC Support Forum Home -> Helproom
nosta

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:25 am    Post subject: graphics drivers and audio Reply with quote

hello, my names nik. Smile

my friend recommended this site as the best so i really hope you guys can help me as im nearly pulling my hair out.

i have a :
'Asus Laptop' (which i bought in china, and got no disks with it, except a pirate copy of xp)
'intel core2 duo cpu'
't7250' @ 2ghz
2gig ram
Nvidia geforce 8400m G 128 mb.

ok so i recently was silly and managed to get my system infected.The result of this was i had to format and reinstall. I had assumed that i could easily find the drivers again online. this seems to not be the case.i found the majority of them except for my graphics driver(vga)and a few others like my "audio device on high definition bus". They have that yellow question mark along with 3 other base system devices.

i am mainly concerned about my graphics card as i cant view web pages with out lag time when scrolling down etc. I have been to the asus web page, nvidia web page, downloaded many many drivers that all say they should work and just dont. when i install it says cannot find hardware to match the software, or this is for vista, when it says xp on the download.

this is making me hate my lovely laptop. please help!!

if you need any othe rinfo please feel free to ask.

thank you in advance. Smile
SoftStag

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would help to know the model number of the laptop. This is usually on a sticker on the bottom.
"Microsoft programs are generally bug-free. If you visit the Microsoft hotline, you'll literally have to wait weeks if not months until someone calls in with a bug in one of our programs. 99.99% of calls turn out to be user mistakes. I know not a single less irrelevant reason for an update than bugfixes. The reasons for updates are to present more new features."
-- Bill Gates, on code stability, from Focus Magazine
nosta

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it says

model:pro80s

is that what your asking for?
SoftStag

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to Asus' website there are 3 models - Pro80Sc, Pro80Se and Pro80Sr. I'm assuming it's a Pro80Sc.

If you go to this page, then select Notebook - Pro80 Series - Pro80Sc and select Search you should be prompted to select the operating system - select Windows XP. From here you should be able to download the drivers you require - save them to your Desktop and run them from there.

You will need the VGA drivers, and from the Audio section you will need the UAA bus driver and Audio driver and the Audio Driver - note that the UAA bus driver and Audio driver should be installed before the Audio driver.
"Microsoft programs are generally bug-free. If you visit the Microsoft hotline, you'll literally have to wait weeks if not months until someone calls in with a bug in one of our programs. 99.99% of calls turn out to be user mistakes. I know not a single less irrelevant reason for an update than bugfixes. The reasons for updates are to present more new features."
nosta

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it says pro80s
mb version: A8sc

thank you for the tip i got a few drivers that seem to work.the graphics are better. but there is still 3 yellow question marks in device manager saying "base system device" . any idea what they are?

somone said that i need to update the network card drivers? is that right? and i cant seem to find network card driver updates on asus.
SoftStag

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Base System Device is usually the card reader - these drivers are in the PCMCIA section of the Asus website.

There are 2 different network cards - wired and wireless. The wired network card drivers are in LAN on the site, and wireless in "wireless".

HTH
Reply to topic    Free PC Support Forum Home -> Helproom All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: