Joined: 22 Dec 2010
|Posted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:22 pm Post subject: > Change Visual Effects Through System Properties
|(For Windows Vista & Windows 7)
Not all visual effects options are available in the Windows 7 Starter and Home Basic editions.
Change Visual Effects Through System Properties
1. Open the Start Menu.
2. Right click on the Computer and click on Properties.
3. Click on the Advanced System settings in the left blue pane, then close this window.
4. Under the Advanced tab and Performance section, click on the Settings button.
5. Now you will see the Visual Effects settings for you to select.
6. Check the settings you want, and uncheck the settings you don't.
If you want to help improve performance, then these are the main common ones to uncheck;
* Animate windows when minimizing and maximizing
* Animations in the taskbar and Start Menu
* Enable transparent glass
* Fade or slide menus into view
* Fade or slide ToolTips into view
* Fade out menu items after clicking
* Show shadows under windows
* Slide open combo boxes
7. Thats it, Click on Apply and OK.
Hope you found this to be useful!