Free PC Support
PC Help Forums from the Experts at Technical-Assistance.co.uk

Google

Search The Web Search This Site
 RSS FeedRSS Feed   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

HELP ME PLEASE!

Reply to topic    Free PC Support Forum Home -> Helproom
sakurita87

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 11:57 pm    Post subject: HELP ME PLEASE! Reply with quote

HI.... well i need help because i have a very old pc... i was reading the specifications to install win xp and my pc have all but months ago i'm trying to install win xp but i can't i don't know why and now i'm using win 98 but i'm very upset because i need xp... [b]please.... help me[/b
SoftStag

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is the spec of the PC? What happens when you try to install XP?
"Microsoft programs are generally bug-free. If you visit the Microsoft hotline, you'll literally have to wait weeks if not months until someone calls in with a bug in one of our programs. 99.99% of calls turn out to be user mistakes. I know not a single less irrelevant reason for an update than bugfixes. The reasons for updates are to present more new features."
-- Bill Gates, on code stability, from Focus Magazine
sakurita87

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:57 pm    Post subject: My pc specifications Reply with quote

SoftStag wrote:
What is the spec of the PC? What happens when you try to install XP?

Processor: Pentium III de 800 MHz
Memory: 224MB RAM
Hard Disk: 40GB
Mainboard: PC100 Socket 370 de procesador de 800MHz tiene 224MB RAM
SoftStag

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see no reason why XP won't install on this system. What happens when you try? Is there an error? If so what is the error message?
"Microsoft programs are generally bug-free. If you visit the Microsoft hotline, you'll literally have to wait weeks if not months until someone calls in with a bug in one of our programs. 99.99% of calls turn out to be user mistakes. I know not a single less irrelevant reason for an update than bugfixes. The reasons for updates are to present more new features."
sakurita87

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:33 pm    Post subject: The Problem Reply with quote

SoftStag wrote:
I see no reason why XP won't install on this system. What happens when you try? Is there an error? If so what is the error message?

Well, when i'm trying to install the windows, i must reboot the pc from the CD, it works normally but it have to do some comprobations and it say that you can press F6 for something and F2 for somethin, but it's no necessary to modify that, when my pc have finished the comprobations it die, it doesn't move from there, and i wait and wait and wait but nothing happens and that problem occur with all versions of win XP, i mean, Win XP sp2, Falcor edition and leonic, but with win 98, millenium and 2000 NT the problem doesn't occur... do you know why?

Please reply me as soon as possible

Thanks
SoftStag

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the information you are giving me it is very difficult to tell where this is going wrong. It does however sound like you are trying to install an illegal version of Windows on your PC. We do not support illegal/pirated software in this forum - see the forum rules.
Reply to topic    Free PC Support Forum Home -> Helproom All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: