Free PC Support
PC Help Forums from the Experts at Technical-Assistance.co.uk

Google

Search The Web Search This Site
 RSS FeedRSS Feed   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help me PLEASEE

Reply to topic    Free PC Support Forum Home -> Helproom
ScrewedUpPC

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 6:40 pm    Post subject: Help me PLEASEE Reply with quote

My pc is TOTALLY screwed up. it freezes all the time, i get all kinds of errors out of nowhere, i have to press Ctrl+Alt+Dlt all the time cuz it gets very slow every 3-5mins. if u think im finished, nope im not. im not sure what this is but i also get some kind of ''sticky ctrl'' ? every 5 mins i have to press ctrl several times bcause it kind of 'holds the ctrl down' until i press it. AND i got over 100 errors on memtest.

Also, it reboots instead of shutting down when i use the ''Shut Down'' method and even if i press the power button, i usually turn it off by switching off the power supply :S

Just in case u want to know,
CPU: Intel celeron 2.68GHz
512mb ram
i dont think u need any more Razz Confused
SoftStag

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fact that you are getting memtest errors, suggests that this is primarily a hardware problem. Most likely, the memory is faulty and this is causing your system to be unstable.

Have you tried overclocking your system at all?

I would suggest that you go in to the BIOS Setup and load the defaults. To do this, when you turn on the computer it should say Press ... to enter Setup - whatever key it says, you need to press that. It is usually Delete or F2 that you need to press. Once in the BIOS Setup utility, there should be an option to Load BIOS Defaults or similar. Select the option, exit saving changes and the computer will reboot. See if this makes any difference.
"Microsoft programs are generally bug-free. If you visit the Microsoft hotline, you'll literally have to wait weeks if not months until someone calls in with a bug in one of our programs. 99.99% of calls turn out to be user mistakes. I know not a single less irrelevant reason for an update than bugfixes. The reasons for updates are to present more new features."
-- Bill Gates, on code stability, from Focus Magazine
Reply to topic    Free PC Support Forum Home -> Helproom All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: