Free PC Support
PC Help Forums from the Experts at Technical-Assistance.co.uk

Google

Search The Web Search This Site
 RSS FeedRSS Feed   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help!

Reply to topic    Free PC Support Forum Home -> Helproom
ViktorLeijon

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:43 pm    Post subject: Help! Reply with quote

When i start up my computer its says "press Del for setup menu and ESC for boot menu" the setup menu works but the boot menu is coming up but i cant move in the menu it is like my keyboard dosent work. Sad Plz help me. (sorry for bad english) Very Happy
SoftStag

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi ViktorLeijon

Are you able to give us some more information about the computer, like it's make and model?

You say that you can get in to the setup menu when you press Del, are you able to move round this with your keyboard? If you have an option in there to load Default settings, do this and save and exit. Does this make any difference?
"Microsoft programs are generally bug-free. If you visit the Microsoft hotline, you'll literally have to wait weeks if not months until someone calls in with a bug in one of our programs. 99.99% of calls turn out to be user mistakes. I know not a single less irrelevant reason for an update than bugfixes. The reasons for updates are to present more new features."
-- Bill Gates, on code stability, from Focus Magazine
ViktorLeijon

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My computers name is ace gamer mini, I bought it about one year ago. I tried to load default settings but it dosen't work! Instead it says floppy disk when i start up the computer.
SoftStag

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't find any reference to the Ace Gamer Mini on the net, so I'm going to have to be quite generic in my advice.

When you go in to the Setup, see if you can find a setting for Boot Order or similar. See if you can set the boot order to be Hard Drive or IDE-0 first. Remember to save setting when you exit.
"Microsoft programs are generally bug-free. If you visit the Microsoft hotline, you'll literally have to wait weeks if not months until someone calls in with a bug in one of our programs. 99.99% of calls turn out to be user mistakes. I know not a single less irrelevant reason for an update than bugfixes. The reasons for updates are to present more new features."
-- Bill Gates, on code stability, from Focus Magazine
ViktorLeijon

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought the computer at boulevard.se. When i enter the setup i can't find boot order or something.
Reply to topic    Free PC Support Forum Home -> Helproom All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: