Free PC Support
PC Help Forums from the Experts at Technical-Assistance.co.uk

Google

Search The Web Search This Site
 RSS FeedRSS Feed   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help with flash drive

Reply to topic    Free PC Support Forum Home -> Helproom
norton1315

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:13 am    Post subject: Help with flash drive Reply with quote

I have a cruzer micro 2 gb U3 smart, I have tried to install on win98 with all different types of downloads and nothing works. I am willing to buy a new flash drive I just need one that will work on win98 to be used often from one computer to another. Please help I need this to do some Church stuff for a small church.

Thanks for any help,
Tammy
surreypcsupport.com

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Help with flash drive Reply with quote

norton1315 wrote:
I have a cruzer micro 2 gb U3 smart, I have tried to install on win98 with all different types of downloads and nothing works. I am willing to buy a new flash drive I just need one that will work on win98 to be used often from one computer to another. Please help I need this to do some Church stuff for a small church.

Thanks for any help,
Tammy

For win98 you will need drivers from the manufacturers. Have you tried this one?

http://www.sandisk.com/Retail/Default.aspx?CatID=1096
norton1315

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is what that driver says. It won't work

Cruzer

Select the specific driver you need from the list of SanDisk products below. To assure you are downloading the correct driver, please locate the product part number on your card or reader that corresponds with the product part number for the driver you require (i.e., SDDR-XX) listed below .

If you are having difficulty locating or downloading a driver, please check out our FAQs.

Available Drivers:

Warning: This driver is not for the Cruzer Mini/ Micro

Windows 98SE
Exe File
2.14MB
Updated:
7/15/02
SoftStag

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The drivers from here should work fine. If not, then make sure you delete all entries in Other Devices in Device Manager and try removing and reinserting the flash drive. If this doesn't work, let us know any devices that have a problem in Device Manager.
"Microsoft programs are generally bug-free. If you visit the Microsoft hotline, you'll literally have to wait weeks if not months until someone calls in with a bug in one of our programs. 99.99% of calls turn out to be user mistakes. I know not a single less irrelevant reason for an update than bugfixes. The reasons for updates are to present more new features."
-- Bill Gates, on code stability, from Focus Magazine
norton1315

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have already tried that and it doesn't work for a U3 card.
Steve

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it should work. Your drive is probably formatted with NTFS - see this thread.
Reply to topic    Free PC Support Forum Home -> Helproom All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: