Free PC Support
PC Help Forums from the Experts at Technical-Assistance.co.uk

Google

Search The Web Search This Site
 RSS FeedRSS Feed   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

help with unresponsive PC after partially removig virus

Reply to topic    Free PC Support Forum Home -> Helproom
ncall

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:34 am    Post subject: help with unresponsive PC after partially removig virus Reply with quote

hello everybody,

Need help really badly, work based pc has been suffering for a while with a malware program, partially removed last week via msn malicious software removal....and Avast anti virus....

but then suddenly, pc is unresponsive, no applications will open from the desktop, or fron start all programs, also can not open task manager

pc seems completely stuck...pleas ehelp ASAP

thank you in advance.....really freaking out!!!

ok....as its my work pc, I could not hang around for an answer so I went ahead and performed a system restore to the day before this happened..last wednesday, ....on restart the pc froze at the welcome screen after entering my password......took a long time to exit this atate and then my desktop opened, but showed nothing for along time......
it allowed me to start task manager tho, so I did this and the re-started...

desktop opened almost immediately after entering password....but problem still exists after the system restore....pc has frozen and no applications will open.....frozen state......
JonS

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

as its your work PC, spend some money and get someone to look at it professionally. Trying to do it yourself is opening up the chances of too many things going wrong. Personally, as its a business machine I wouldn't take the risk: the first thing I'd do would be boot it with a live CD and back up your data files, then wipe it and start again.
if you really insist on doing it yourself, then try in some of the dedicated security forums such as http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/forum103.html
They have more resources than are available here
Reply to topic    Free PC Support Forum Home -> Helproom All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: