Free PC Support
PC Help Forums from the Experts at Technical-Assistance.co.uk

Google

Search The Web Search This Site
 RSS FeedRSS Feed   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

hi ,any 1 help pls??

Reply to topic    Free PC Support Forum Home -> Helproom
ter67

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:39 am    Post subject: hi ,any 1 help pls?? Reply with quote

hi folk what it is thats wrong is when i get a film or something i want to download ,but when they go into utorrent they dont start downloading its as if the settings are wrong and i`m not to great with pc`s anyone put me right pls ????
JonS

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it could be that your software firewall is blocking it
it could be that your router firewall is blocking it
it could be that your router requires uPNP to be enabled
it could be your antivirus program blocking the torrent program
it could be that the torrent program isn't configured properly (you may need to configure the port settings)
it could be that the torrents are all old and no-one is now serving them
it could be that the site you download the torrent files from isn't a "real" torrents site and is actually just a virus distribution site

seriously, there are so many possibilities that its impossible to answer you.

All I can suggest is that as you're "not to great with pc`s " then you need to learn pretty quickly. Playing with torrents without knowing what you are doing is a short-cut to getting virused. The naive are the ones who get hit

Start by reading the μtorrent help pages at http://www.utorrent.com/help/guides

PS - μtorrent was purchased by Bitorrent itself a few years ago, and around the same time t was announced that Bitorrent had avoided legal problems by agreeing to share download tracker data with the USA copyright enforcement companies. Don't assume your downloads are anonymous: they're not. And even if you use another torrent client, your IP address is always available in clear for you to be tracked by.
SoftStag

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Downloading from bit torrents is a very dangerous game. Many are illegal copies of copyrighted work, which by downloading you are putting yourself at risk of legal action. Also, many of these torrent have hidden malware that can cause havoc with your PC.

My advice is, unless you know it is legal to download, and from a trusted source, don't even think about it; it's not worth it.

JonS have covered the technical reasons why you might be having problems, but more info is really needed to help further. Please also state what torrent you are trying to download, as we do not want to be associated with assisting piracy.
"Microsoft programs are generally bug-free. If you visit the Microsoft hotline, you'll literally have to wait weeks if not months until someone calls in with a bug in one of our programs. 99.99% of calls turn out to be user mistakes. I know not a single less irrelevant reason for an update than bugfixes. The reasons for updates are to present more new features."
-- Bill Gates, on code stability, from Focus Magazine
Reply to topic    Free PC Support Forum Home -> Helproom All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: