Free PC Support
PC Help Forums from the Experts at Technical-Assistance.co.uk

Google

Search The Web Search This Site
 RSS FeedRSS Feed   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

High Spec PC Perfroms Slow

Reply to topic    Free PC Support Forum Home -> Helproom
schiller

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:21 pm    Post subject: High Spec PC Perfroms Slow Reply with quote

Have a AMD Phenom X4 CPU with 4x Corsair Extreme XMS DDRII 1Gb low latency memory, MSI 790FX Motherboard. SATA LG DVD writer, 3x Seagate 250GB 16Mb Cache SATA harddrives & NVidia Geforce 8800GT Ultra PCI-e Grafix card. Running Windows 7. After installing ANY Windows, from XP upto Win7, the PC performs fairly good. After driver installation still no problem. But as soon as I install all my other software, MS Office 2007, Adobe Reader 9, Nero, PowerDVD, John Deere Office, APEX, Turbo CAD etc etc all geniune programs, the PC then becomes very very very slow, sluggish. I've repeated the formatting process reloading just some then other programs but still no luck. When double clicking a program/shortcut it takes between 5 to 10 seconds for the program to open. When a program opens and you want to begin working with your data the program sometimes hangs or takes long to respond. Anti virus software, tried different ones aswell. Computer is running virus free. But lacks in performance compairing to the specs. Had a AMD Dual Core X64 with 2gb Memory and the perfomance is the same. This was supposed to be an upgrade... Someone told me my harddrives is the problem... Should upgrade to Solid State or 32mb cache drives. But what if I do and theres still no improvement.

Please Help...

Thx
SoftStag

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That should be a fast system!

I don't think the hard drives will cause that much slowness, especially if they are in a hardware RAID configuration. The first thing I would look at is updating the motherboard BIOS to the latest version, it could be it is not fully supporting the CPU or RAM.
"Microsoft programs are generally bug-free. If you visit the Microsoft hotline, you'll literally have to wait weeks if not months until someone calls in with a bug in one of our programs. 99.99% of calls turn out to be user mistakes. I know not a single less irrelevant reason for an update than bugfixes. The reasons for updates are to present more new features."
-- Bill Gates, on code stability, from Focus Magazine
Reply to topic    Free PC Support Forum Home -> Helproom All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: