Free PC Support
PC Help Forums from the Experts at Technical-Assistance.co.uk

Google

Search The Web Search This Site
 RSS FeedRSS Feed   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

how do i bring up my pc info? also slow pc?

Reply to topic    Free PC Support Forum Home -> Helproom
Vicster2208

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:18 pm    Post subject: how do i bring up my pc info? also slow pc? Reply with quote

im wanting to replace my RAM, but i dont know which it is, ive tried looking at the actual hardware and there is nothing on it to state what type it is or anything, i have 1GB of RAM at the moment in 2 seperate 500 slots, im wanting to put a 1Gb in each slot, so that i can have 2GB Smile i was having the issue with the game world of warcraft that kept crashing, and blizzard support have told me to upgrade my ram which ive been planning on for a while but im really stuck on how to find what it is, i need like a serial number or something from it,
also, my pc is extremely slow all of a sudden, the windows xp loading screen stays on for about 4 mins... and i also cant get into safe mode as i was told to on a previous post, i press f8 and it brings the menu up, but i cant navigate up onto safe mode, it just stays on start windows normally and wont let me move Sad any help would be really great thanks Smile
ganjademon

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi there

for the ram i would look at the make and model of your mobo and then look on the manufactures site for the supported ram and buy accordingly.
if you are not keeping the old ram in then it wont matter if its different as long as the board supports it.
as for slow pc that could be a lot of things.
i would just try a fresh install but if you cant then run msconfig from the start menu and turn off everything in the startup tab.
hope that helps a bit
chris
Vicster2208

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that Chris Smile sounds so simple now hehe why didnt i think of that Razz and i will also try the msconfig maybe i have too much trying to work when i first turn on hehe, thanks so much for your help Smile
surreypcsupport.com

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An if you still want to look up yourt system information you should be able to view it by running msinfo32.exe. There is usually a short cut to it under Accessories | System Tools
Reply to topic    Free PC Support Forum Home -> Helproom All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: