Free PC Support
PC Help Forums from the Experts at Technical-Assistance.co.uk

Google

Search The Web Search This Site
 RSS FeedRSS Feed   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

how do i transfer data from window 98 (original version)

Reply to topic    Free PC Support Forum Home -> Helproom
ARA

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:50 am    Post subject: how do i transfer data from window 98 (original version) Reply with quote

How do i transfer data from a pc using win98 (first edition) to window XP/vista since usb port not compatible with any drivers such as pendrive or external hardisk) and there was no cd port as well. this problem occured because motherboard of pc was corrupted. any answer are marvelous.
Steve

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are several options, depending on your system, however have you tried these: Windows 98FE USB Mass Storage Device Drivers? They do work...

Other options include:
1) Link both PCs via ethernet (network) and transfer across the LAN.
2) Boot from a Linux Live CD and transfer the data to a USB drive (if you have a CD drive, not sure if you are saying you don't have a CD drive, or don't have a CD writer)
3) Connect the PC to the internet and upload to a data storage site and download again to the other PC
4) Copy via floppy drive if both PCs have a floppy drive and the data isn't too big
5) Physically remove the hard drive from the old PC and put in to the new PC and transfer the data across that you need

The best answer really depends on the specs of the 2 machines and what you have at your disposal.
Reply to topic    Free PC Support Forum Home -> Helproom All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: