Free PC Support
PC Help Forums from the Experts at Technical-Assistance.co.uk

Google

Search The Web Search This Site
 RSS FeedRSS Feed   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

how to reset or reconfigure my (smartax mt88a) huawei modem

Reply to topic    Free PC Support Forum Home -> Helproom
willsbon

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 5:55 pm    Post subject: how to reset or reconfigure my (smartax mt88a) huawei modem Reply with quote

hi guys
i have this smartax mt88a moden it seem to have been use before, now i want reconfigurate it, that is to say reset it and use it in my cyber café, how dod i do
am williams and i live in south cameroon i konw practicaly noting about computer may be i can manipulate and come to side like this one but still very much behind, dont know if i can gain any thing here for am poor and does not have access to the net but for the little time i have i will come and lean something.
JonS

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amended - see my next post below

Last edited by JonS on Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:07 am; edited 1 time in total
willsbon

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i wanted to use this for the internet distribution in the cybercafe
am williams and i live in south cameroon i konw practicaly noting about computer may be i can manipulate and come to side like this one but still very much behind, dont know if i can gain any thing here for am poor and does not have access to the net but for the little time i have i will come and lean something.
JonS

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I've changed this post as after digging further I realise I've confused two different Huawei products
What he has is a single-point ADSL modem with single ethernet point

See http://www.huaweidevice.com/worldwide/productFeatures.do?pinfoId=2218&directoryId=2183&treeId=183

to use as a gateway in a network it would also need a multiport router and / or a wireless router. Bit pointless really as a new router would cost the same as a modem router
the page I've linked to also has a series of FAQs, including telling you how tor reset it to factory defaults
willsbon

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A BiiiiG thank u! THANKS God BLESS U.
willsbon

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

please i wanted to translate this in french http://www.huaweidevice.com/worldwide/productFeatures.do?pinfoId=2218&directoryId=2183&treeId=183 but not all the word will translate and the translation is not always good excuse me sir can i have it in french.
SoftStag

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like the site is only available in English and Chinese. Have you tried Google Translate?
"Microsoft programs are generally bug-free. If you visit the Microsoft hotline, you'll literally have to wait weeks if not months until someone calls in with a bug in one of our programs. 99.99% of calls turn out to be user mistakes. I know not a single less irrelevant reason for an update than bugfixes. The reasons for updates are to present more new features."
-- Bill Gates, on code stability, from Focus Magazine
Reply to topic    Free PC Support Forum Home -> Helproom All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: