Free PC Support
PC Help Forums from the Experts at Technical-Assistance.co.uk

Google

Search The Web Search This Site
 RSS FeedRSS Feed   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

HP P.C. powers off after two seconds

Reply to topic    Free PC Support Forum Home -> Helproom
Belvedere

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:39 pm    Post subject: HP P.C. powers off after two seconds Reply with quote

Hi
I have a HP Pavillion vista home edition desk top computer apprx 2 years old. I came home from work to find the computer screen frozen. Nothing I could do on the keyboard would reset it so had to switch off the mains supply. When I switched it back on the computer starts for two seconds then powers off. Each time I turn it on the lights on the keyboard come on, the cpu fan and psu start but the pc powers off each time after two to three seconds. I have opened the side panel to see if there is any visible sign of damage from burnout but unable to see anything obvious. I then tried to find the cause of the problem with a simple elimination process, unplugging cables on the motherboard one by one and switching the pc on. What I have found is when the 4 block 12v supply ( black and yellow cables ) from the psu is unplugged from the mother board next to the cpu both the cpu fan and psu fans come on and run continuously but nothing boots up. Not even the lights on the keyboard come up as mentioned earlier. As soon as this 4 block is plugged back in the motherboard the computer resumes as before and just switches itself off. I have been on various forums and I am none the wiser. Most people mention replacing the psu, I have done this and the problem is still there. Does anyone else have any further ideas before this pc is despatched to the dustbin and a visit to pc world is arranged.

Many thanks

Belve
JonS

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

new motherboard required
Yours has failed
Belvedere

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks JonS, I had a horrible feeling this may have been the answer.

Regards

Belve
Reply to topic    Free PC Support Forum Home -> Helproom All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: