Free PC Support
PC Help Forums from the Experts at Technical-Assistance.co.uk

Google

Search The Web Search This Site
 RSS FeedRSS Feed   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

i CANT reformat my computer with the orginal disks!! please

Reply to topic    Free PC Support Forum Home -> Helproom
emmastevens

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:55 pm    Post subject: i CANT reformat my computer with the orginal disks!! please Reply with quote

I have to point out I know nothing about computers and really need step by step help as I am a student and cannot afford to take my laptop to a shop.

I have a Fujitsu Siemens Esprimo Mobile V5155. After having it for a short while my laptop slowed right down and had many problems involving the internet. I had windows xp at the time. A friend of mine suggested reformatting it. So he lent me a windows xp media disk, as I could not find the original one that came with the computer, and I reformatted my computer. Worked well and the computer seemed to be fine, however my friend did not give me a disk with drivers and system utilities on it, so I was unable to do anything with my computer.

I then found all the original disks, for my computer (which was made by fujitsu and all the disks are official). I decided to try and reformat it with the correct disk, operating systems, twinload cd/dvd. I inserted the disk pressed f12 and it all seemed ok until I got this message:

Twinload Windows XP professional:
-Your configuration is not supported
-none of the required operating systems were found on the hard drive of your system
-remove the dvd and click OK to shut dow the system.

I have no idea what this means. I looked at other threads on this ofrum and I can see that people have had a similar problem, except people were trying to downgrade from Vista to XP, wereas I am trying to load the correct version of XP onto my computer so I can put the drivers and utilities onto it.

I have also been unable to access the internet once windows xp media had been installed and could not set it up. I do not have the drivers for windows xp media and cant down load them

Please help!!! If anyone has any idea what to do please let me know

Thank you
Emma
surreypcsupport.com

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I expect the discs your friend gave you are an oem version for a particular hardware configuration and therefore will not work on your hardware.

You need your original recovery media, especially now as you have probably formatted any restore partition there might have been there before you ran the setup discs your friend gave you.
demdike

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

your "friend" has completely screwed your machine
The "Twinload" was a system by which at first boot you could choose whether to use Windows XP or Windows Vista (or maybe 7)
Both sets of software were kept in recovery images on the hard drive. Booting from the CD enabled you to set the machine back to factory settings and make the choice again
However your friend has formatted the machine and wiped the hidden recovery partitions. The bootable CD wont work because the partition has gone: THERE ARE NO SETUP FILES ON THE CD. All it did was access the recovery partition

Only way you're going to get that to work now is to get someone with a proper windows setup CD/DVD to reformat / reinstall it properly

Sorry, but your friend has done you a major disservice

more about the Twinload system here
http://uk.ts.fujitsu.com/support/twinload.html
Reply to topic    Free PC Support Forum Home -> Helproom All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: