Free PC Support
PC Help Forums from the Experts at Technical-Assistance.co.uk

Google

Search The Web Search This Site
 RSS FeedRSS Feed   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

i deleted user account by mistake and cant find audio files

Reply to topic    Free PC Support Forum Home -> Helproom
me

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:42 pm    Post subject: i deleted user account by mistake and cant find audio files Reply with quote

please,please,please help if you can.
i was using my daughters laptop and when updating her user account details have managed to delete the user account she had downladed 1000's of songs,mostly through ares, is there any way they can be retrieved - i've tried all i can think of shes due home in half an hour and will kill me
thanking you in advance[/b]
SoftStag

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fact that these were downloaded via Ares means that the files are more than likely illegally obtained anyway.

You don't mention what version of Windows you are using, or where she keeps her files, which makes it a little difficult to advise. However, assuming you are using XP, then if you log in as an Administrator, you can try browsing the hard drive and going in to Documents and Settings folder, then see if there is a folder there for you daughter's username. If so then the files will more than likely be in there.
"Microsoft programs are generally bug-free. If you visit the Microsoft hotline, you'll literally have to wait weeks if not months until someone calls in with a bug in one of our programs. 99.99% of calls turn out to be user mistakes. I know not a single less irrelevant reason for an update than bugfixes. The reasons for updates are to present more new features."
-- Bill Gates, on code stability, from Focus Magazine
me

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi ,
Thank you so much for your reply,it really is very much appreciated. I recently found out about her using ARES and as i knew it wasn't legal she hasn't downloaded anything since-thank god,i'd be lost if i lost my internet access.
The version of windows she has is vista home premium,i was in such a flap last night i forgot to mention it.
when i get home i'll try what you suggested .
i'd be lost without sites like this as i'm pretty much hopeless when things go wrong - i'm also used to having a lovely team of it experts at the end of the phone (sadly no more).
fingers crossed,
thanks again.
Reply to topic    Free PC Support Forum Home -> Helproom All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: