Free PC Support
PC Help Forums from the Experts at Technical-Assistance.co.uk

Google

Search The Web Search This Site
 RSS FeedRSS Feed   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I want to get rid of Bing!!

Reply to topic    Free PC Support Forum Home -> Helproom
Annielovesdogs

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 3:34 pm    Post subject: I want to get rid of Bing!! Reply with quote

Hi guys, I hope you can help.

I use Google Chrome, which I open from my taskbar - have always worked that way, and it is my search engine of choice.,

Last week, I suddenly got stuff onto my computer, which appeared in the form of warnings i.e. my Flash Player needed updated etc. I knew this was rubbish, so I went to programmes and uninstalled anything I didn't ask for or want. I then went to Programme Files and did the same thing - then I found myself back to normal - nothing was there that I did not want or instigate.

Until later that night, and in the subsequent days, whenever I click down at the bottom task bar to open my browser, what comes up is a 'Bing' Browser, if I click the chrome tab behind it, my google chrome opens as normal, then I click the cross to close Bing.

My question is this, I have tried everything to get rid of Bing but it's still here - can you tell me how to get rid of this forever. I know you can make whatever search engine you want into your default search engine - I investigate, and despite Bing opening up - Chrome is still listed as my default search engine.

Annie Question
JonS

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you need to reset the home page within Chrome

see https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95314?hl=en-GB
Reply to topic    Free PC Support Forum Home -> Helproom All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: