Free PC Support
PC Help Forums from the Experts at Technical-Assistance.co.uk

Google

Search The Web Search This Site
 RSS FeedRSS Feed   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

installation problem

Reply to topic    Free PC Support Forum Home -> Helproom
dvatreknerd314

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:43 pm    Post subject: installation problem Reply with quote

I downloaded a program called "driver detective" but for some reason, the computer brings up a message saying "this program has performed an illegal operation". Can someone help me please?
Cat-tranz

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi dvatreknerd314

You should have started a new thread hon but not to worry maybe one of the Admin will move it, anyway (driver detective) my advice is uninstall it as these programs can cause more harm than good (eg) totally mess up your Motherboard by installing (not in the correct way) chip set drivers, ATI Graphics Cards - installing drivers that don't match up with ATIs Catalyst, these (auto driver update apps have a history of computer damage behind them).

If you want to update - say your Graphics Card drivers you need to go to the manufactures site, there you will find instructions on installation using the correct procedure. Motherboard drivers don't often need replacing (unless damaged) same goes for audio drivers etc.
SoftStag

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

{Topic Split}
"Microsoft programs are generally bug-free. If you visit the Microsoft hotline, you'll literally have to wait weeks if not months until someone calls in with a bug in one of our programs. 99.99% of calls turn out to be user mistakes. I know not a single less irrelevant reason for an update than bugfixes. The reasons for updates are to present more new features."
-- Bill Gates, on code stability, from Focus Magazine
Tech Guru

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 12:58 am    Post subject: Re: installation problem Reply with quote

dvatreknerd314 wrote:
I downloaded a program called "driver detective" but for some reason, the computer brings up a message saying "this program has performed an illegal operation". Can someone help me please?

You can also view this article on installing drivers and unknown devices. It discusses an alternative way of detecting drivers without using commercial software such as driver detective.
Reply to topic    Free PC Support Forum Home -> Helproom All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: