Free PC Support
PC Help Forums from the Experts at Technical-Assistance.co.uk

Google

Search The Web Search This Site
 RSS FeedRSS Feed   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

internet problems

Reply to topic    Free PC Support Forum Home -> Helproom
jc7885

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:49 pm    Post subject: internet problems Reply with quote

hi people!

Could anyone help with my internet dilemma?

I've just bought a wireless router, set it up and works perfectly fine. Only issue is that when I use it I can't receive an incoming call (I was testing everything to see if there was any problems!). I have two socket extensions in addition to the primary telephone socket.

I can plug the router into the primary socket and it'll work fine. Obviously, a microfilter has to be used, which I also plug the phone into - However; as don't get the calls and there's static over the line.

Even more confusing is how I can't use the router on an extension socket, I can only get a connection for the wireless router through the primary socket.

Is anyone good with all this and got any help??

much appreciated.
SoftStag

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This sounds like an issue with the filters. Make sure that every device connected to the telephone line passes through 1 filter (only one) - so every telephone, fax machine, and the router.
"Microsoft programs are generally bug-free. If you visit the Microsoft hotline, you'll literally have to wait weeks if not months until someone calls in with a bug in one of our programs. 99.99% of calls turn out to be user mistakes. I know not a single less irrelevant reason for an update than bugfixes. The reasons for updates are to present more new features."
-- Bill Gates, on code stability, from Focus Magazine
Sebsworld

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 1:55 pm    Post subject: Internet Problem Reply with quote

Sounds like you got your problems with your telephone extension to me.

Any modem will have problems connecting if its connected to line with crackles on it.

First. pull out all the telephones and modems, then go and test each phone connection with a phone. Listen to the noise on the line while wiggling some of the wires until you find which wires are creating the static. - as you need to fix those static problems. Probably need to replace that extension.

Once you have a crackle free line and filters connected correctly, all should be working fine.

Seb

-----------------------
Fix your internet issues at:
http://www.internet-problems.com/
Reply to topic    Free PC Support Forum Home -> Helproom All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: