Free PC Support
PC Help Forums from the Experts at Technical-Assistance.co.uk

Google

Search The Web Search This Site
 RSS FeedRSS Feed   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kaspersky internet security 2012
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Free PC Support Forum Home -> Helproom
dell1961

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:46 am    Post subject: Kaspersky internet security 2012 Reply with quote

Morning. I hope that this is a software problem. I have just installed Kaspersky internet security 2012 to replace Kaspersky antivirus 2012. The problem I am having now is that if i go onto youtube for any lenth of time
when i come to close my computer down I get the blue warning screen. It only does it with youtube no other video sites and it has only happened since i installed the internet security software. Do you think that Kaspersky has got something against youtube?

Thanks
JonS

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds like something isn't exiting cleanly on the youtube site

what internet browser are you using
do you have Flash and Realplayer both installed or just flash?
whats the exact error message of the blue screen? Hard to comment without that
what version of windows?
dell1961

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi. My operating system is xp pro sp3 and I am using Google ig. As far as i know I only have a flash player installed. I can't remember what it said on the blue screen but If it's not going to do any harm I will try to get it to do it again and write down the information that it gives me.

Thank You
JonS

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Google ig?
Dunno what you mean by that. Do you mean Google Chrome? If so, don't - the built in Flash implementation is unstable.
try Internet Explorer, along with the Flash plugin

However, to really know we need the details of that error.
Without that, no chance
dell1961

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi I have tried numerous times since my last post but I can't get it to do it.
I will keep trying it and if it does it again i will make a note of the details and
let you know. The internet is google chrome but it says google.co.uk/ig.

This may as you say be the cause of the problem but it has not caused me any trouble in the past.

Thank You
dell1961

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:08 am    Post subject: Kaspersky internet security 2012 Reply with quote

It did it again this morning so we can now see the details BUT I was not on youtube when it did it. I was on the bbc news website.

The information on the screen said.....IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
if this is the first time that you've seen this stop error screen re start your computer.If this appears again check to make sure that any new hardware or software is properly installed. If this is a new installation ask the software/hardware manufacturer for any updates that you might need.

If the problem continues remove or disable any newly installed software or hardware disable bios memory options such as caching or shadowing. if you need to use safe mode to remove or disable componants restart your computer press f 8 then select safe mode.

Technical information
stop:0x0000000a (0x0000000c,0x00000002,0x00000000,0x805054a6)

I hope that this means more to you than it does to me. Re new software/hardware the only thing that i have done is to un install Kaspersky antivirus and install Kaspersky internet security. I thought that as this only started after this that this could be to blame but it must be installed ok as it works ok.

Thank You
Abdiel625

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear if your Kaspersky internet security 2012 has only
1 user license then do not format your PC or reinstall Kaspersky
because that would result in expiration of your key.
JonS

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dell1961

That error indicates something failed to load into RAM memory correctly. Can be caused by many things, however usually it proves to be either loose or faulty memory, or an overheating CPU

You need to open the machine, clean out any dust, make sure all the fans are clean, free turning, and spin when turned on
The remove / reseat the memory (you may have to replace the memory if the fault persists)
However - its not impossible the motherboard is failing

This error can also be caused by bad software drivers, but then its usually consistent - not irregular like this
dell1961

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks.
I have taken both ram cards out and re seated them, I have checked the fans and they are both running and there is no sign of any dust.It does not seem to be getting any warmer than usual. It never really gets what you would call hot even if you open the case after use it is only warm. Just out of interest I have left it on all day today to see what happened and it has been ok. It did it once straight after I switched it on after i took out and replaced the ram cards but nothing since.

looks like the mother board could be on the way out.

Thanks anyway.
JonS

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be worth checking whether any drives or updates have been installed recently - its unlikely but a new driver installing quietly through windows update may just do it
also do a full malware / virus scan. Unlikely to be the cause, but worth checking
dell1961

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have run 2 anti malware programs but they found nothing a miss. But I don't know how to check the drive/updates. The only thing I can think of if it's not the mother board that's causing the problem, when I was installing the internet security I put the disc in and it said that there was a more up to date
version of it Did I want to install it ? I said yes and as far as i know it was downloaded off tinternet rather than the cd. I don't think the cd would be dodgy as I bought it so it wasn't downloaded from somewhere like pirate bay
I got it off amazon. But could the on line download be dodgy? Should I un install it and re install it from the cd?

Thank you
JonS

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no, the Kaspersky should be OK. Downloading a newer version is standard behaviour for it.
Reply to topic    Free PC Support Forum Home -> Helproom All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: