Free PC Support
PC Help Forums from the Experts at Technical-Assistance.co.uk

Google

Search The Web Search This Site
 RSS FeedRSS Feed   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Local Folders

Reply to topic    Free PC Support Forum Home -> Helproom
Scotian

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:18 pm    Post subject: Local Folders Reply with quote

After converting my Computer from "Explorer 6 to Explorer 8 I lost my local Files/Folders (Windows X P Media Center Edition 2006) Is there any way I may recover them (Files/Folders) ?.Special letters,Pictures etc were all stored along with deleted E mails,Outbox,Sent mails etc..Thank You.Scotian
SoftStag

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it just the email folders and emails in Outlook Express that you can't find, or are you missing things from My Documents as well?
"Microsoft programs are generally bug-free. If you visit the Microsoft hotline, you'll literally have to wait weeks if not months until someone calls in with a bug in one of our programs. 99.99% of calls turn out to be user mistakes. I know not a single less irrelevant reason for an update than bugfixes. The reasons for updates are to present more new features."
-- Bill Gates, on code stability, from Focus Magazine
Scotian

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoftStag wrote:
Is it just the email folders and emails in Outlook Express that you can't find, or are you missing things from My Documents as well?
I have no problem with my documents its just the email folders that dis-appeared..Scotian
SoftStag

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't mention what version of Windows you are using, or the email client - although I suspect this is Outlook Express.

If it is Outlook Express, then search your hard drive for files ending in dbx and let us know what folders the files are in.
"Microsoft programs are generally bug-free. If you visit the Microsoft hotline, you'll literally have to wait weeks if not months until someone calls in with a bug in one of our programs. 99.99% of calls turn out to be user mistakes. I know not a single less irrelevant reason for an update than bugfixes. The reasons for updates are to present more new features."
Scotian

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoftStag wrote:
You don't mention what version of Windows you are using, or the email client - although I suspect this is Outlook Express.

If it is Outlook Express, then search your hard drive for files ending in dbx and let us know what folders the files are in.
.Thank You.I had mentioned in my initial inquiry that I have an "Windows XP Media Centre Edition 2005".and that I encountered the problem on "Outlook Express".I shall do as you suggest and see what transpires.Appreciate your time..Scotian
Scotian

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoftStag wrote:

.The Folder is H P Administrator
SoftStag

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apologies, I seem to have missed that! Confused

Try going to Tools, then Options, click on the Maintenance tab, then the Store Folder button. Now change the folder to where you found the dbx files. You will need to close and reopen Outlook Express for the change to take effect.
Reply to topic    Free PC Support Forum Home -> Helproom All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: