Free PC Support
PC Help Forums from the Experts at Technical-Assistance.co.uk

Google

Search The Web Search This Site
 RSS FeedRSS Feed   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lost Email

Reply to topic    Free PC Support Forum Home -> Helproom
Littlerooster

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:34 pm    Post subject: Lost Email Reply with quote

Ticket title: Lost email

Using Windows XP and Outlook Express 6.0. I received a window to "compact messages" to save disc space. Ran that and lost all 2010 Inbox e-mails. 2008 and 2009 e-mails still in the Inbox. Tried to find a solution in the Google forums but all I tried were unsuccessful. I tried to use “system restore" on 4 different available dates and all failed stating “unable to restore to this date” so restore failed. Don’t know what is wrong here as I have all the settings checked to allow restore to operate. Got any ideas? Anyway, I searched and found the Inbox.bak and now have the file as a desktop icon. That is the only file I need to restore. This link shows a method I tried but could not follow.
[ http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/xpnetwork/thread/1e2907d2-c9c6-... ]
They say to open” Windows Explorer, click on the dbx file for the missing folder and copy to desktop, but it does not show there.
What does show are 6 dll. files, Wasmig.exe,Setup50.exe , Oemig50.exe , Msimn.exe , buaddy’s.wab, and Msoe.txt
There is no “ Inbox.dbx” file shown ,so I cannot proceed from here. I have a program installed called DBxtract that I used successfully some time ago but not this time so will ask if you folks can give me some assistance as to what to try next. I really need to restore those files as I have medical correspondence that I need to access ASAP. Please reply at your convenience! Many Thanks: Dick
Reply to topic    Free PC Support Forum Home -> Helproom All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: