Free PC Support
PC Help Forums from the Experts at Technical-Assistance.co.uk

Google

Search The Web Search This Site
 RSS FeedRSS Feed   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lost the sound...?

Reply to topic    Free PC Support Forum Home -> Helproom
Stanton

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:57 pm    Post subject: Lost the sound...? Reply with quote

I have downloaded Skype recently, and tried their "test" . I immediately found that there was sound coming in, but none going out.
I went into their 'help' log and after going through all the processes, I have found that I still have the Skype problem, but also now I have 'wiped' off my sound completely. No sound device is showing on my Control.

What should I do..to restore the sound ...?
My PC is only 2 months old, and is Windows XP Professional
SoftStag

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What sound card do you have in your system? If you are not sure can you give us the make and model of the computer?
"Microsoft programs are generally bug-free. If you visit the Microsoft hotline, you'll literally have to wait weeks if not months until someone calls in with a bug in one of our programs. 99.99% of calls turn out to be user mistakes. I know not a single less irrelevant reason for an update than bugfixes. The reasons for updates are to present more new features."
-- Bill Gates, on code stability, from Focus Magazine
Stanton

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:34 pm    Post subject: Lost Sound Reply with quote

Hi Soft STAG,
Not sure about my sound card?
I have an AMD ATHLON 64 X2 Duo..with XP professional Version 2002, service pack 3.
The core Processor is 5200+,
2.71 GHz. 1.93 Gb RAM
surreypcsupport.com

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need the machine make and model so we can look up what sound card it has and tell you where to find the drivers for it. You need to reinstall them.
SoftStag

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

surreypcsupport.com wrote:
We need the machine make and model so we can look up what sound card it has and tell you where to find the drivers for it. You need to reinstall them.
... or the motherboard model if you know that (assuming onboard sound).
"Microsoft programs are generally bug-free. If you visit the Microsoft hotline, you'll literally have to wait weeks if not months until someone calls in with a bug in one of our programs. 99.99% of calls turn out to be user mistakes. I know not a single less irrelevant reason for an update than bugfixes. The reasons for updates are to present more new features."
Stanton

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:49 am    Post subject: LOST SOUND Reply with quote

The motherboard is :-ASRock N61P-GS/N61P-S
SoftStag

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have the driver CD for the motherboard then install the audio drivers from that, alternatively download and install the drivers from here.
Reply to topic    Free PC Support Forum Home -> Helproom All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: