Free PC Support
PC Help Forums from the Experts at Technical-Assistance.co.uk

Google

Search The Web Search This Site
 RSS FeedRSS Feed   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lost Webcam short-cut Icon

Reply to topic    Free PC Support Forum Home -> Helproom
stuart1956

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 2:35 pm    Post subject: Lost Webcam short-cut Icon Reply with quote

I have 'Acer 5920' running Windows Vista, I managed to get a 'Trojan' (Winbluesoft) which was driving me nuts with their fake product scam. I tried Malware Bytes to get rid of it but that did not do the trick! I decided to start a 'new user account' so at least I did not have to put up with the crazy ads annoying me. The Trojan is still lerking in the laptop but I can at least use it now however, I have lost the 'Icon' on desktop for the built in webcam? The cam still works on MSN etc, but I want the Icon back so I can take face pictures of myself for profile uses. I have gone into 'all programmes, found the webcam, but there is only an 'Uninstall' button to click and not an icon button to drag to desktop anymore? Any ideas???
surreypcsupport.com

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 10:46 am    Post subject: Re: Lost Webcam short-cut Icon Reply with quote

stuart1956 wrote:
I have 'Acer 5920' running Windows Vista, I managed to get a 'Trojan' (Winbluesoft) which was driving me nuts with their fake product scam. I tried Malware Bytes to get rid of it but that did not do the trick! I decided to start a 'new user account' so at least I did not have to put up with the crazy ads annoying me. The Trojan is still lerking in the laptop but I can at least use it now however, I have lost the 'Icon' on desktop for the built in webcam? The cam still works on MSN etc, but I want the Icon back so I can take face pictures of myself for profile uses. I have gone into 'all programmes, found the webcam, but there is only an 'Uninstall' button to click and not an icon button to drag to desktop anymore? Any ideas???

Can you run the webcam software or does it start up when windows does?

You need to locate the exe that is running the webcam. You could do this by looking for the process in Task Manager. Then find the exe, right click can copy it and then paste shortcut onto the desktop.
Reply to topic    Free PC Support Forum Home -> Helproom All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: