Free PC Support
PC Help Forums from the Experts at Technical-Assistance.co.uk

Google

Search The Web Search This Site
 RSS FeedRSS Feed   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

memory problem

Reply to topic    Free PC Support Forum Home -> Helproom
barlot

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:40 am    Post subject: memory problem Reply with quote

Hi, I had to replace the memory in my acer 5520 laptop its now working much faster but theirs still and issue , I took out the 4gb ram and replaced with new 4gb ram but the system is only saying theirs 2.75 gb ram installed so I ram memory diagnostic which said no issue found so I took both sticks out and put in indervidually and it ready one stick at 1.75 gb so I tried the ofher and that also reads as 1.75gb when on their own, so I next tried them in my other laptop that reads then as full 4gb so I then put them back in the other lsptop but when they in together they read as only 2.75gb can anyone advise what this could be thanks
SoftStag

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds like you are using a 32-bit version of Windows. You need the 64-bit version to reference more than 3Gb of memory. I assume the other missing quarter gig is used for graphics, so not available to Windows.

Note: you must have a 64-bit processor to use the 64-bit versions of Windows.
"Microsoft programs are generally bug-free. If you visit the Microsoft hotline, you'll literally have to wait weeks if not months until someone calls in with a bug in one of our programs. 99.99% of calls turn out to be user mistakes. I know not a single less irrelevant reason for an update than bugfixes. The reasons for updates are to present more new features."
-- Bill Gates, on code stability, from Focus Magazine
Reply to topic    Free PC Support Forum Home -> Helproom All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: