Free PC Support
PC Help Forums from the Experts at Technical-Assistance.co.uk

Google

Search The Web Search This Site
 RSS FeedRSS Feed   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

monitor does not display

Reply to topic    Free PC Support Forum Home -> Helproom
vaio123abc

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:50 am    Post subject: monitor does not display Reply with quote

My computer Acer Aspire AM5620-U5208A has been freezing up lately where the monitor would just stop displaying but the cpu is still on usually I can just power off and power on and it will be fine. Recently it got worse to the point the computer wont even show a display upon powering up and would beep twice fast then 9 more times. I have tried finding solutions and I have tried removing ram and reinstalling no luck. I did however remove the video card and booted up the computer without a video card and it worked upon startup it beeped once so I am assuming the problem is the video card. The video card is an ATI Radeon HD2400pro. I just want to make sure its the video card and not the mobo so I dont waste $100 on a new video card.
Markb

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It doesn't necessarily mean that it is the Video card. If the video is checked early in the POST it will error at that. Many sites say that the Acers have a Phoenix BIOS which indicates that any beep error starting with 2 beeps is memory related. Can you do the following.

:arrow:Identify the make of your BIOS (Should be on a chip on the mainboard often with a silver sticker on it.
:arrow:Clearly note down the beep order including pauses. e.g 2-3-4 would be 2 beeps, pause, 3 beeps pause, 4 beeps.

If you could post the answer to these we should be able to give you a more definitive answer.
Reply to topic    Free PC Support Forum Home -> Helproom All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: