Free PC Support
PC Help Forums from the Experts at Technical-Assistance.co.uk

Google

Search The Web Search This Site
 RSS FeedRSS Feed   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MONITOR FAILURE FOLLOWING MASTER RECOVER CD

Reply to topic    Free PC Support Forum Home -> Helproom
badbri

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:46 am    Post subject: MONITOR FAILURE FOLLOWING MASTER RECOVER CD Reply with quote

Crying or Very sad Following using my master recovery disc on my XP desktop, the computer restarts and enters a blue screen following the P.O.S.T. saying to wait while windows reloads. After 5-10 seconds the monitor shuts off and won't come back on althought the hard drive works and music is playing through the speakers. It seems like the driver or settings are not set properly but i have no idea how to get windows restarted so i can correct it in the operating system. i have tried restarting the computer but the monitor just shuts off after the P.O.S.T., but it stays on if I enter the DOS Setup. Please Help
SoftStag

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds like the monitor does not support whatever resolution XP is set to, so displays a blank screen. You should try the following:
Arrow Turn on the computer and immediately start tapping the F8 key until a menu appears
Arrow Use the arrow keys to select Safe Mode and press Enter
Arrow The computer should boot (probably slowly) in to Safe Mode. Once there you should get a warning letting you know you are in Safe Mode, accept this.
Arrow Open the Control Panel (Start - Settings)
Arrow Open Display (If you cannot find Display, you may need to click on Classic View first at the left hand side). You may get a warning about being in Safe Mode; accept this.
Arrow Click on the Settings tab; again you may get a warning which you should accept.
Arrow The Screen Resolution should be set to 800x600. Click OK at the bottom.
Arrow Close everything and Restart your computer through the Start button

The computer should now go in to Windows. You may need to change the Screen Resolution to one better than it currently is via Display in the Control Panel.

Let us know how you get on, also what PC you have. This is something I have seen only on Time and Tiny computers.
"Microsoft programs are generally bug-free. If you visit the Microsoft hotline, you'll literally have to wait weeks if not months until someone calls in with a bug in one of our programs. 99.99% of calls turn out to be user mistakes. I know not a single less irrelevant reason for an update than bugfixes. The reasons for updates are to present more new features."
-- Bill Gates, on code stability, from Focus Magazine
Reply to topic    Free PC Support Forum Home -> Helproom All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: