Free PC Support
PC Help Forums from the Experts at Technical-Assistance.co.uk

Google

Search The Web Search This Site
 RSS FeedRSS Feed   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

mouse won't work

Reply to topic    Free PC Support Forum Home -> Helproom
billmill63

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:58 pm    Post subject: mouse won't work Reply with quote

I have a Compaq SR 5030 NX desktop and the mouse (trackball) will not work. I have checked the mouse on another computer and it does work but won't work on my compaq. The trackball stays lighted up, but the cursor won't move. I have rebooted many times, but still no luck. It has been working on this computer for over a year and one half. Help!
SoftStag

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does Device Manager show any problems?

Also, can you confirm if the mouse works on another computer or not. Also, what version of Windows are you using?
"Microsoft programs are generally bug-free. If you visit the Microsoft hotline, you'll literally have to wait weeks if not months until someone calls in with a bug in one of our programs. 99.99% of calls turn out to be user mistakes. I know not a single less irrelevant reason for an update than bugfixes. The reasons for updates are to present more new features."
-- Bill Gates, on code stability, from Focus Magazine
billmill63

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't check the mouse on another computer, but it is a trackball, hardwired, and I am running Vista. The trackball stays "lighted", so maybe it is the mouse. I am going to try another basic mouse and see if it works. Thanks very much for your help. I also have another problem with the same computer. My DVD drive is not working, and does not show up under "computer." I tried rebooting to reload the driver, but not luck. Also, I went to the internet, but no luck. The error message tells me to contact the manufacturer of the drive for help, but I not successful in this attempt. I KNOW it is the driver that is "missing" but don't know how to reload it without using my startup discs, which I cant use because the drive is unreadable by the computer. This happened right after a MS update. Any ideas? Thanks. Bill
SoftStag

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Again, does the DVD drive show in Device Manager? Can you let me know what version of Windows you use?
"Microsoft programs are generally bug-free. If you visit the Microsoft hotline, you'll literally have to wait weeks if not months until someone calls in with a bug in one of our programs. 99.99% of calls turn out to be user mistakes. I know not a single less irrelevant reason for an update than bugfixes. The reasons for updates are to present more new features."
-- Bill Gates, on code stability, from Focus Magazine
Reply to topic    Free PC Support Forum Home -> Helproom All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: