Free PC Support
PC Help Forums from the Experts at Technical-Assistance.co.uk

Google

Search The Web Search This Site
 RSS FeedRSS Feed   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

my computer won't let me install my soft. for my mp3 player

Reply to topic    Free PC Support Forum Home -> Helproom
christy15555

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 3:34 am    Post subject: my computer won't let me install my soft. for my mp3 player Reply with quote

i've been trying to download my software for my insignia video mp3 player and it keeps saying unsupported operating system version
so i called best buy were i purchesed the device and they told me to go to the website and download the software my computer is missing so i did and its still not working what do i do now?????? please help
SoftStag

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which software are you downloading, and what operating system do you have?
"Microsoft programs are generally bug-free. If you visit the Microsoft hotline, you'll literally have to wait weeks if not months until someone calls in with a bug in one of our programs. 99.99% of calls turn out to be user mistakes. I know not a single less irrelevant reason for an update than bugfixes. The reasons for updates are to present more new features."
-- Bill Gates, on code stability, from Focus Magazine
christy15555

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 4:55 am    Post subject: software Reply with quote

i don't know the operating system that's what i don't understand i'm trying to install my software for my new insignia video mp3 player on windows 98 and when i called best buy they said to go to insignia-products.com and download the updated software i needed and so i downloaded the thing that said for users of windows 98 and it still didn't work so what do i do??????
SoftStag

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have answered part of the question without knowing it. Your operating system is Windows 98.

I assume that you have been asked to download the nusb drivers from here. If this is correct, and the drivers will not install because it is an incompatible operating system, then you must be running the original version of Windows 98. These drivers require Windows 98SE.
"Microsoft programs are generally bug-free. If you visit the Microsoft hotline, you'll literally have to wait weeks if not months until someone calls in with a bug in one of our programs. 99.99% of calls turn out to be user mistakes. I know not a single less irrelevant reason for an update than bugfixes. The reasons for updates are to present more new features."
christy15555

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ya where running a original version of windows 98 but when i purchased it the guy said it would work, and also the boxs says compatible with windows 98 it says nothing about SE and it's been over 30 days so i can't return it so what do i do that won't cost me any money.
SoftStag

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should contact either the place that sold it to you, or Insignia. If the device is compatible with Windows 98, then they should supply drivers to make it so. Otherwise you have been mis-sold the equipment and you should be entitled to a refund.
Reply to topic    Free PC Support Forum Home -> Helproom All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: