Free PC Support
PC Help Forums from the Experts at Technical-Assistance.co.uk

Google

Search The Web Search This Site
 RSS FeedRSS Feed   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

my pc is freezing so oten

Reply to topic    Free PC Support Forum Home -> Helproom
willsbon

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:55 pm    Post subject: my pc is freezing so oten Reply with quote

hello dear admin
my cyber cafe server has develope this problem. at times it go freezing i mean a complet stand still and at that moment nothing that is connected to it works any longer these are what is connected to it ...... the mous,keyboad, and speedtouch adsl modem that is bringin internet connection and when this magine freez non of these work so what do i do
SoftStag

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There could be a lot of reasons why this is happening. One of the first things to check is overheating, this is a fairly common problem. Ensure there is good ventilation and plenty of space around the server for air flow. Ideally have it in an air conditioned room. If possible monitor the internal temperatures.
"Microsoft programs are generally bug-free. If you visit the Microsoft hotline, you'll literally have to wait weeks if not months until someone calls in with a bug in one of our programs. 99.99% of calls turn out to be user mistakes. I know not a single less irrelevant reason for an update than bugfixes. The reasons for updates are to present more new features."
-- Bill Gates, on code stability, from Focus Magazine
JonS

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Softstag is correct in suggesting you look at heating problems first.
However there is also the possibility of a virus or similar
What operating system is your sever running, and what security software do you have running on it?
willsbon

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am using microsoft window xp professional version 2002 service park 3 pentium 4 Prossesor 2.40GHz Ram 1.80GHz 1.21G and amp using Microsoft Security Essentials as my antivirus
am williams and i live in south cameroon i konw practicaly noting about computer may be i can manipulate and come to side like this one but still very much behind, dont know if i can gain any thing here for am poor and does not have access to the net but for the little time i have i will come and lean something.
JonS

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and thats the spec of your SERVER?

how many client machines do you have? how are they connected to the server?
and is that ADSL modem connected directly to that server or to a hub / router?

what are you using as a firewall?

at face value based on what you have said so far, that machine seems underpowered, has an operating system which really is not intended for server use, and is very insecure
willsbon

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:01 pm    Post subject: Axis2 internet error Reply with quote

hello
i have this trouble with my internet conection i cant conect to the net. So any time i wanted to conect to the net i always have this msg (Axis2 internet error) what does this mean and how can i fixed this can someone help please my regard Jones
am williams and i live in south cameroon i konw practicaly noting about computer may be i can manipulate and come to side like this one but still very much behind, dont know if i can gain any thing here for am poor and does not have access to the net but for the little time i have i will come and lean something.
JonS

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that sounds like an Apache web server error, but beyond that personally I can't help

just make the usual checks to make sure the DNS / IP resolution settings have not been hijacked - I guess you could be virused.
Are you running Apache on your server? If not, it could be a problem with your internet company

there is documentation re Axis2 at http://ws.apache.org/axis2/
hitech

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may check the startup entires form registry. Check every entry, remove that entry if it is not relevant to windows. I think there are some programs run at startup.
Reply to topic    Free PC Support Forum Home -> Helproom All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: