Free PC Support
PC Help Forums from the Experts at Technical-Assistance.co.uk

Google

Search The Web Search This Site
 RSS FeedRSS Feed   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MY WIN98 CRASH

Reply to topic    Free PC Support Forum Home -> Helproom
caw

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:44 pm    Post subject: MY WIN98 CRASH Reply with quote

Hello
I really need help, I have downloaded http://www.technical-assistance.co.uk/kb/usbmsd98.php from your website and now I really cant access my computer EVEN in safemode. When I open my PC it give me a blue screen with this error: A fatal exception OE has occurred at 0167:BFF9E0FB. The current application will be terminated. And when I press any key it don't do anything Sad

I have already searched the forum. I found someone who already got the same problem but NONE has ANSWERED. please HELP!Sad
SoftStag

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This appears to happen when you install the drivers on the Hebrew edition of Windows 98 - not the English version the drivers are intended for.

I would recommend reinstalling Windows 98 from the CD. You should be able to do this over the top of the existing installation thereby keeping all your data intact.
"Microsoft programs are generally bug-free. If you visit the Microsoft hotline, you'll literally have to wait weeks if not months until someone calls in with a bug in one of our programs. 99.99% of calls turn out to be user mistakes. I know not a single less irrelevant reason for an update than bugfixes. The reasons for updates are to present more new features."
-- Bill Gates, on code stability, from Focus Magazine
caw

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First, thanks for the reply.
I really cant reinstall windows myself, I did not do it before, I think I'll need to go technican shop Sad
also maybe it's a good idea to remove this driver from your website so none else can do the same Neutral

I just read all the instructions before installing yet it wasnt obvouis :-\
SoftStag

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should be able to reinstall Windows by booting the computer with the Windows CD in the drive and following the setup instructions.
"Microsoft programs are generally bug-free. If you visit the Microsoft hotline, you'll literally have to wait weeks if not months until someone calls in with a bug in one of our programs. 99.99% of calls turn out to be user mistakes. I know not a single less irrelevant reason for an update than bugfixes. The reasons for updates are to present more new features."
-- Bill Gates, on code stability, from Focus Magazine
mbangbang23

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yap softstag is right you can boot your pc from a cd and repair your old windows installation
Reply to topic    Free PC Support Forum Home -> Helproom All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: