Free PC Support
PC Help Forums from the Experts at Technical-Assistance.co.uk

Google

Search The Web Search This Site
 RSS FeedRSS Feed   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My ZTE 852 ADSL Modem Doesnt creates icons for me..
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Free PC Support Forum Home -> Helproom
Rajeewa

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 3:40 pm    Post subject: My ZTE 852 ADSL Modem Doesnt creates icons for me.. Reply with quote

My ZTE 852 ADSL modem doesnt create a icon in the desktop neither in network connections after the Driver installation(my laptop is Acer Aspire 4720z).

Everytime the Drivers are installed well and start to light its bulbs in the Modem..but i dont get any icons to connect from..Browsers also doesnt show my ADSL connection is exist ! But other PCs which are running WinXP SP2 works fine with this ADSL modem and they creates desktop icons too.I tried Vista too.but the same problem...i formatted and reinstalled XP several times,and also tried updating my WinXP SP2 to SP3.nothing Fixed...now i use my fathers laptop connected to my one through a network cable...bcz i wanna use my lap to surf...i have to turn ON both two to get it done Sad Pls Help me guys !
SoftStag

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You probably need to create a DUN in Windows, set the Username and Password required for your internet connection, and Connect. You can create a shortcut to the DUN on your Desktop if you require.
"Microsoft programs are generally bug-free. If you visit the Microsoft hotline, you'll literally have to wait weeks if not months until someone calls in with a bug in one of our programs. 99.99% of calls turn out to be user mistakes. I know not a single less irrelevant reason for an update than bugfixes. The reasons for updates are to present more new features."
-- Bill Gates, on code stability, from Focus Magazine
Rajeewa

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:33 am    Post subject: Help needed.. Reply with quote

Can u please explain how it should be done ...i have no idea...What is meant by DUN ?
SoftStag

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DUN is Dial Up Networking - basically the connection configuration. The drivers you have installed make the modem be able to be controlled by the computer, but you need to configure it to connect to your connection.

In XP do the following:
Arrow Click on Start - Settings - Network Connections
Arrow Click on Create a new connection
Arrow Click Next
Arrow Select Connect to the Internet and click Next
Arrow Select Setup my connection manually and click Next
Arrow Select Connect using a broadband connection that requires a username and password and click Next
Arrow Follow the wizard entering the details required for your internet account.
Arrow On the last page there should be an option to Add a shortcut to this connection to my desktop - make sure this is checked.
"Microsoft programs are generally bug-free. If you visit the Microsoft hotline, you'll literally have to wait weeks if not months until someone calls in with a bug in one of our programs. 99.99% of calls turn out to be user mistakes. I know not a single less irrelevant reason for an update than bugfixes. The reasons for updates are to present more new features."
Rajeewa

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:29 am    Post subject: help .... Reply with quote

I did exactly what u said...but it didnt fixed...there is no fields asking for the "Phone number:" (which is P8,35,3) and "Connect using :" (Which is WAN/ATM/ADSL miniport (ATM12-0)...i checked these values with the Fathers Laptop which was perfectly working with this modem.My ISP Driver CD for this Modem is automatically sets these values in the Connection it creates.but in the method u told it doesnt...i checked the working Lap's device manager and found there is a "WAN/ATM/ADSL miniport" has been created under Network Adaptors after the installation...but in mine there isnt such WAN/ATM/ADSL miniport thing Confused i cant figure out...any idea ?[/b]
SoftStag

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ADSL connections usually don't require a phone number, however if it does, instead of selecting Connect using a broadband connection that requires a username and password, select Connect using a dial-up modem
Rajeewa

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:51 am    Post subject: help... Reply with quote

that doesnt show the my ADSL modem..it just show my bluetooth modems to connect through..hey i forgot to mention this ADSL modem works fine in Ubuntu 8.10..but i dnt like ubuntu as used to do everything on windows.when i plug the modem after driver insatallation it synchronize for few seconds and shows its status as READY (show time) that means ready to connect..but i dnt get a place to connect..no icons created... do u think this is a fault with my laptop? but it works well in Ubuntu...
Steve

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think there is a fault with anything, you just need to know how to configure it. Have you spoken to your ISP?
Mr. Green
Rajeewa

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:35 pm    Post subject: Help Reply with quote

Iam not a novice to PC related problems.but this is weird..most of the problems i fix my own..but this i cnt figure out.Clearly i have done all the possible solutions,Reinstalling Windows XP,tried SP3..nothing fixed.if anyone would like me to Remote Assist me iam glad.help me out guys...
SoftStag

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve wrote:
I don't think there is a fault with anything, you just need to know how to configure it. Have you spoken to your ISP?
Mr. Green

This is good advice. Have you spoken to your ISP, or whoever supplied the modem? You are asking us to troubleshoot a modem we've never used, these people should have a much better idea about it.

Does Device Manager show any problem devices? If so what? Also, what entries do you have in the Network Adapters section of Device Manager? Do you get an icon in the taskbar by the clock for the modem?
Rajeewa

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:49 am    Post subject: Help Reply with quote

Anyway thanks for the support and concern on this problem guys ! Smile
Rajeewa

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:55 am    Post subject: Help Reply with quote

Yes i get a icon for the ADSL connection(like the ethrnet icon "2 computers") and its in READY state.the problem is i dont get a icon to connect through...my ISP people says that might be happening bcz of a Virus and slips away...but iam sure its not...i installed WinXP and i have a updated virus guard running.by the way,i dont have any faulty devices in Device manager(which shows in yellow)...is this happening bcz of a IRQ clash ?
Reply to topic    Free PC Support Forum Home -> Helproom All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: