Free PC Support
PC Help Forums from the Experts at Technical-Assistance.co.uk

Google

Search The Web Search This Site
 RSS FeedRSS Feed   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Need help urgently please

Reply to topic    Free PC Support Forum Home -> Helproom
laurenkjames

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:42 pm    Post subject: Need help urgently please Reply with quote

Hi,

I really hope someone can help as I have no idea how to fix our computer. Yesterday my husband accidentally let Security Tool access our computer and it took over everything. We lost the screen and couldn't do anything. I managed to get on the internet and found several tools to download to remove Security Tool., but although I could download them to our computer, when I tried to run them Service Tool wouldn't let me and kept shutting them down.

We spoke to a friend that apparently knows a bit about computers and he said the only thing to do was to reinstall Windows 7. He told us that this would remove everything from our computer and start over again. The only problem was that after doing this we found we had no space on our C drive. I've looked and it seems that we now have two of everything to do with Windows 7, and we can't delete anything. It keeps telling me that we need administrator permissions - even though we are logged on as administrator. When we shut down and turn the computer on again, it gives us a black screen and two headings Windows 7 to choose from, and if we choose the wrong one it takes us back to the original Windows 7 which is still infected with Security Tool. So now we have a computer with two versions of Windows 7, is still infected with Security Tool and has no space on the C drive.

Please please please if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. Have searched on the internet but can find nothing.

Many thanks.
SoftStag

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds like you have installed Windows to a new location causing a second copy to be installed. You should try again doing a clean installation, where you format the hard drive. Not this will delete all data, so backup anything you need first.
"Microsoft programs are generally bug-free. If you visit the Microsoft hotline, you'll literally have to wait weeks if not months until someone calls in with a bug in one of our programs. 99.99% of calls turn out to be user mistakes. I know not a single less irrelevant reason for an update than bugfixes. The reasons for updates are to present more new features."
-- Bill Gates, on code stability, from Focus Magazine
demdike

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

" We spoke to a friend that apparently knows a bit about computers"
fatal isn't it?
why don't people ask the professionals who DO know FIRST?

This machine could have been recovered from the infection quite easily
Now its going to have to be wiped completely
Reply to topic    Free PC Support Forum Home -> Helproom All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: