Free PC Support
PC Help Forums from the Experts at Technical-Assistance.co.uk

Google

Search The Web Search This Site
 RSS FeedRSS Feed   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Network Bridge - Missing Icon

Reply to topic    Free PC Support Forum Home -> Helproom
JACK72

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:52 pm    Post subject: Network Bridge - Missing Icon Reply with quote

Hi Everyone,

Can anyone help?

I have been trying to connect my Xbox through my Laptop (Dell Inspiron 1525 - Windows Vista) which required me to bridge my wireless connection with my local area connection which will be linked to the Xbox,

I have done this after a few attempts, but the problem is I have no network bridge icon!!! The connections both say there are bridged but no Icon, it did pop up for about a second and disappear and I have tried repeating the bridge but still no Icon, I need the icon so I can go into setting to complete my Xbox connection.

I know I can go and buy a Xbox wireless adapter but I hate the thought of this beating me and if I canít fix it thatís what Ii will have to do.

Any suggestions please??
SoftStag

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've not come across this before. Try right clicking on the bridged network adapters and selecting Remove from Bridge. They should then not show as being bridged. Now try recreating the bridge.
"Microsoft programs are generally bug-free. If you visit the Microsoft hotline, you'll literally have to wait weeks if not months until someone calls in with a bug in one of our programs. 99.99% of calls turn out to be user mistakes. I know not a single less irrelevant reason for an update than bugfixes. The reasons for updates are to present more new features."
-- Bill Gates, on code stability, from Focus Magazine
JACK72

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:35 am    Post subject: Network Bridge-Missing Icon Reply with quote

Thanks a lot mate thatís done the trick Smile , done what you said and then bridged the connections again, and Hey Presto! The icon appeared and is working fine, I now have my Xbox working through my laptop with no problems, canít thank you enough Smile ,!!!!
SoftStag

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent! I'm pleased to hear it worked Smile
"Microsoft programs are generally bug-free. If you visit the Microsoft hotline, you'll literally have to wait weeks if not months until someone calls in with a bug in one of our programs. 99.99% of calls turn out to be user mistakes. I know not a single less irrelevant reason for an update than bugfixes. The reasons for updates are to present more new features."
-- Bill Gates, on code stability, from Focus Magazine
Reply to topic    Free PC Support Forum Home -> Helproom All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: