Free PC Support
PC Help Forums from the Experts at Technical-Assistance.co.uk

Google

Search The Web Search This Site
 RSS FeedRSS Feed   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New SanDisk MP3 players need a driver installed

Reply to topic    Free PC Support Forum Home -> Helproom
The Auntie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 4:43 am    Post subject: New SanDisk MP3 players need a driver installed Reply with quote

I just purchased two SanDisk MP3 players - one 2G and one 8G & I have been unsuccesfull in my efforts to install them. I have Windows XP and Windows Media Player 11. SanDisk tells me that the player needs to be in MTP mode to properly transfer music & ebooks. But when I connect in this mode my computer tells me it has found new hardware. When I go through the wizard to install I receive an error message that the MTP device has not passed windows logo testing to verify its compatability with Window XP. When I try to install anyway it won't and the cycle starts all over again. SanDisk tells me I have to contact Microsoft for the driver and Microsoft sends me to Dell (from whom I purchased the cursed MP3 players Evil or Very Mad ) and when I call Dell I might as well be speaking Martian for all the help they give me.

Does anyone know of a solution for this problem?
SoftStag

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It might be helpful to know exactly what models of MP3 players you have. Windows Media Player 11 comes with MTP drivers, so there should be no real problem with installing it. Obviously this is not your experience. Do they install in MSC mode? I know this will not give the full functionality in WMP, but it should prove that they work, or not.

Also, are you trying them in a USB1.1 or USB2.0 port on your computer?
"Microsoft programs are generally bug-free. If you visit the Microsoft hotline, you'll literally have to wait weeks if not months until someone calls in with a bug in one of our programs. 99.99% of calls turn out to be user mistakes. I know not a single less irrelevant reason for an update than bugfixes. The reasons for updates are to present more new features."
-- Bill Gates, on code stability, from Focus Magazine
Reply to topic    Free PC Support Forum Home -> Helproom All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: