Free PC Support
PC Help Forums from the Experts at Technical-Assistance.co.uk

Google

Search The Web Search This Site
 RSS FeedRSS Feed   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

no longer able to access google chrome or other shortcuts

Reply to topic    Free PC Support Forum Home -> Helproom
twintw

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:46 am    Post subject: no longer able to access google chrome or other shortcuts Reply with quote

i have been using google chrome for 2 months now without any problems - until yesterday. now everytime i try to access it, it comes up with an error 10 saying the following:

This web page is not available.

The web page at http://www.google.com/ might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.
Error 10 (net::ERR_ACCESS_DENIED): Unknown error.

the only thing that has happened which may or may not be relevant is the McAfee trial period expired.
-I have tried to REINSTALL google chrome but with no success.
- I have tried to UNINSTALL the McAfee programme but it doesnt seem to be gone and i am still unable to use google chrome or any desktop shortcuts.
I have also subsequently realised that I can no longer click through on twitter links.
ANY STRAIGHT FORWARD SOLUTIONS OR HELP FROM A COMPUTER WHIZZ would be appreciated.
JonS

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

for a start, use internet explorer to download this tool http://majorgeeks.com/McAfee_Consumer_Product_Removal_Tool_d5420.html and use it to remove all traces of Mcafee

next set the windows firewall back to its defautl settings (you'll find this in the control panel)

see what happens then. Do you get the same error withing Chrome if you browse to other websites? What happens if you use intenet explorer to access www.google.com?
Reply to topic    Free PC Support Forum Home -> Helproom All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: